Top 6 basement dehumidifiers for your home
Living in a beautiful house is everyone’s dream, but the essential factor for consideration should be if your dream house is safe and healthy for the residents or not. Assessment of safety and health can’t be made by just ensuring the quality material for building the house, but safety and health also depend on the surrounding atmosphere. We usually ignore most aspects of healthy living due to our everyday thinking that the atmosphere can only affect us outside the house while ignoring the fact that it also affects us inside our homes. Hot, humid weather surely gives trouble outside the house, but it also affects you inside the house and even the structure of the house. The downside of the humidity may go unnoticed as its symptoms appear after a long time, but it is continually affecting the health of residents and the structure of the house.
Disadvantages of humidity
It is easy to judge the humid effects in your house as when you enter a room and especially the basements, and a pungent musty smell may welcome you. It is the confirmation of humidity present in your home, and we are sure you don’t know what to do about it. According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, residents of such buildings may suffer acute health issues under the conditions of Sick Building Syndrome.
The humidity not only causes such smell and health issues but also damages the structure of the house. The constant humid atmosphere can cause:
- Wet stains on walls and ceilings
- Feeling of unpleasant stuffiness in rooms
- Deposition on windows
- A musty odor in the whole house
- The appearance of molds in walls and ceilings
- Expansion and cracks in hardwood floors
- Weakening and swollen wooden furniture
- Rusting of metallic door handles, locks, kitchen and washroom sanitary ware
Humidity is a severe threat to your house and its structure. Swollen and expended flooring can crack anytime. Your wooden furniture may show swelling or mold growth on its surface and add to the unwanted expenses by forcing you to buy new furniture. All metallic household items may show rusting. Wetness and mold can weaken the ceilings and walls and can result in falling off the roof over your head.
Constant Humidity affects health
You can replace the furniture and repair the damages, but the negative impact on health by humidity is a real threat. According to the Environmental Health Perspectives Journal, bacteria and viruses survive by exposure to relative humidity between 40 and 70%. You may feel slight musty odor in the house or may experience some severe allergies and health issues and may also cause several effects on our health:
- Unpleasant musty odor
- Slow evaporation of sweat
- Difficult to breathe
- Muggy air overheats the body
- Muscles cramps
- Stuffy nose
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Sneezing and wheezing
- Skin rashes
- Other allergies
Hence, ignoring the humid environment within the house and basements is not an option. To identify the issues and treat them with the right solution, a professional basement contractor is a smart way to a comfortable and healthy life. Moreover, these days, there are humidifiers available in the market, which can absorb excess moisture from the atmosphere within the house and regulate humidity at an optimal level.
Dehumidifiers can save you from the nasty smell of moisture in your basement and all those ugly stains of wetness and molds on your walls and ceilings. Dehumidifiers also protect you from the sticky, sweaty feeling, stuffy nose, and constant allergies. They soak extra moisture and also prevent the growth of bacteria, molds, and other habitats of a moist environment. This device cleanses the air, and you can feel comfortable in the house after coming from the hot and humid weather outside. It clears the air out of the bacteria and other particulates and gives you a healthy atmosphere.
There are many dehumidifiers available in the market and online offering different rates. Shopping a good humidifier can be tricky, but we are listing here some tips and some top 6 Basement Dehumidifiers that will surely help you to find out a perfect one for you.
We should, in general, look for the following qualities in a suitable basement dehumidifier:
- Size of the device according to the room size (20-pints, 40-59-pints, 60+ pints)
- Portable and convenience
- Energy-saving nature
- Easy and quick maintenance
- Auto turn On and Off system
- Continuous draining system
Vremi 1,500 Sq. Ft. Energy Star Portable Dehumidifier
It is a very efficient and quite large device and a perfect option for larger areas and can cover about 1500 square feet. It is an average of 31 pounds in weight and can hold about 30 pint of water in a tank. It has an auto turn on and off system which eliminates the risk of overflowing of the water tank. It has a very efficient filter that purifies the air and prevents the growth of molds and other bacteria. Vermi 70-pint is a portable device having four wheels. One drawback of this device is that it is loud.
- 1,500 SQ FT MEDIUM ROOM DEHUMIDIFIER - Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day. This Energy Star certified dehumidifier is fit to quickly and...
- DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND - We designed the Moisture Maniac with convenience and style in mind. This dehumidifier sports a sleek, clean look with convenient built-in wheels and handles as well as a...
- REAL EASY TO USE - It's a dehumidifier, not a rocket ship and our design reflects that. Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full,...
Last update on 2019-11-21 at 02:37 PST - Details
TOSOT 70-Pint Dehumidifier
It is another large and quite unusual device. It can cover 4,500 square feet area. It is a very user-friendly device and has LED-display controls. It carries 1-gallon water in its bucket, an alarm system to indicate cleaning of the filter. It is also economical and can fit within the budget.
- 4,500 SQ FT DEHUMIDIFIER: Our dehumidifier can remove up to 70 pints (2012 DOE Standard) from your home. This is our largest model which is perfect for large rooms up to 4,500 square feet or spaces...
- ENERGY STAR RATED: We don't have to all become tree-hugging hippies to agree on climate change (it’s real) but one thing we can all agree on is the sweet relief of saving a few bucks on your monthly...
- BASEMENT DEHUMIDIFIER: Create a more comfortable environment in your home by removing excess moisture from your basement. Too much humidity will also decrease the lifespan of your furniture, tools,...
Last update on 2019-11-21 at 02:17 PST - Details
Ivation 70-Pint Dehumidifier
It is one of the best brands available in the market. It can also be used for bigger spaces and can cover up to 4,500 square feet area. It can remove 70-pint moisture and cleanse the air. It purifies the air from dust, molds, mildews and allergens. It also eliminates the musty odor from the air. This device comes with an energy star certificate, so the electricity consumption is well in your control. It comes with a smart and secure operating system and requires low-cost maintenance.
- This Compressor Dehumidifier Keeps Spaces Up to 4500 Sq. Ft. Cool & Comfortable by Removing 70 Pints of Moisture/Day
- Powerful Dehumidifier Prevents Mold, Mildew, Dust, Allergens & Odors for Healthy Air
- Low Maintenance & Easy Operation; Simply Plug-In, Select Settings & Empty 1.3 Gallon Reservoir
Last update on 2019-11-21 at 02:47 PST - Details
OPOLAR 70-Pint Dehumidifier
It is another top brand which is quite efficient in its functions. It has a 7 liters water tank and is user-friendly and covers larger areas. Its automatic shutdown mechanism stops its purpose when the water tank is full. Its wheels and lightweight make it portable.
- POWERFUL DEHUMIDIFIER: The device operates at a power of 115V/60Hz via two condensing sheets and built-in 680 W power compressor to dehumidify 70Pint/33.2L/8.8Gal moisture in a day.（Under the ideal...
- 24H TIMER & HUMIDITY SETTINGS: The dehumidifier withdraws the moisture as per the need. The timer of working and dampness required can be pre-set before turning on the device.
- 7L/1.85Gal REMOVABLE WATER TANK: Large capacity reservoir will be labor-saving without frequent refilling. Furthermore, it is easily separated from this machine with simply pulling it out.
Last update on 2019-11-21 at 02:08 PST - Details
Frigidaire 70-Pint Dehumidifier
It is another very efficient product. It effortlessly soaks up moisture and allows the maintenance of optimal levels of humidity. It purifies the air from molds, mildew, and allergens and reduces the risk of any breathing difficulties. It also has a water tank where moisture is collected, and by an auto-shutdown system, it stops working when the water tank is full. However, it continues to function if the drain hose is attached to the tank. Its noise level is 53.4db.
- Energy Star 70 pints per day dehumidifier protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture
- Front, pull-out 13. 1-Pint tank with handle, splash guard, full tank alert and auto shut-off
- Continuous operation possible when unit is located near a suitable drain
Last update on 2019-11-21 at 01:48 PST - Details
HOME LABS 4,500-sq ft Dehumidifier
It is one of the biggest dehumidifiers, which covers more extensive areas. It weighs 40 pounds, and it can absorb 9 gallons of water per day. An efficient automatic system is installed in it, which indicates when the water tank is full. You can set your desired levels of humidity in it. One advantage is that it has a plastic drain hose that can drain the collected water, so continuous operation is possible.
- 4,500 SQ FT LARGE DEHUMIDIFIER - Our dehumidifier removes up to 50 pints (70 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day depending on moisture condition and the size of your room. This is our...
- DESIGNED FOR THE MODERN HOME - That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles,...
- SUPER EASY TO USE - Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours isn’t. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which...
Last update on 2019-11-21 at 02:17 PST - Details
It is now clear to us that the effects of humidity on our house and health are silent and take a long time to appear, but since we have fantastic basement humidifiers that can make our life easier. A dehumidifier can make your living better and comfortable, and choosing the right product can save from high maintenance and an increase in electricity bills. Our list of top dehumidifiers includes the best brands available in the market and known for great results. Choose the best, and live better!