How to Take Care of Your Outdoor Furniture
You purchased the best home outdoor furniture, and you never care too much about it because you were told that all the pieces are made of a super-strong material, which is resistant to everything nature throws to them.
Although it is true outdoor furniture is made to last for long, it doesn't mean that it is not prone to damage. If you have not been maintaining yours, take a closer look at those tables and chairs, and you will certainly notice some signs of wear and tear.
Outdoor furniture is an investment that should be protected at all costs. To help you do this, below are some maintenance tips that will help keep your pieces functional and as good as new for a long time.
✔ Maintaining plastic outdoor furniture
Most homeowners prefer plastic outdoor furniture because it is highly affordable, and doesn’t need a lot of work as far as maintenance is concerned. If you have plastic chairs and tables sprucing up your outdoor space, all you need is a mixture of warm water and baking soda, and a soft sponge which you will use to sanitize them with ease.
Also, you need to remember that plastic furniture is prone to mildew and mold. Therefore, regularly introduce four parts of water and one part of bleach for white-coloured furniture. For other colors, the bleach can be replaced with vinegar.
✔ Maintaining wooden furniture
Wooden furniture has also become a darling for many homeowners, thanks to the antique look they bring to the outdoor space, and the fair price that comes with it. To maintain wooden pieces, all you need is a soapy solution. Spray it evenly, and clean the pieces with a clean cloth.
If you are dealing with dirt and dirt, jet washing can do the trick of keeping your wooden furniture looking as good as new every day. For teak furniture, use a blend of water and laundry detergent.
✔ Maintaining metallic furniture
The reason why homeowners will go for metallic furniture, despite being pricey is because they are assured of durability. This type of furniture can withstand any weather, and can also withhold lots of other natural and artificial elements. Nonetheless, without regular care, metallic pieces will not glitter for long, and they might compromise the overall look of your outdoor space instead of complementing it.
✔ Maintaining Fabric covers
Don’t forget that your fabric covers are prone to more damage than other materials; thus taking care of them should be at the helm of your priority list. Regular machine washing will work best for them.
To shine back to your wrought iron and metal furniture, a mixture of a mild dishwashing solution and warm water is all you need. This will clean out stains and minor wear and tear. Use a brush to scrub off the dirt, and then rinse with clean water. Before you expose the cleaned furniture to sunlight, make sure you use a clean cloth to dry off the water.
If you any signs of rust in your furniture, you should not ignore it because it could be a red sign that major damage is about to occur. Therefore, take care of it quickly before it escalates into a crisis. You can do this using fine sandpaper, and after the rust is gone, apply a primer.
Before you buy outdoor furniture, make sure you first analyze the condition s in your location. If you proceed without doing so, you may buy pieces that will force you to adopt a regular maintenance program. Also, don't forget to buy the top-quality pieces you can afford. When buying outdoor mattresses, for example, weigh various options and go for the best mattress price. When you finally have the right furniture for your needs, use the maintenance tips above, and you can rest assured that it will offer you a diligent service for several seasons.
Highly Rated Top cleaners reviewed and compared - Selected 2019 Lists
- 4x action: clean, eliminate odors, discourage resoiling in the same Area, & refresh carpets
- Stain lift technology: lift and remove tough pet stains like urine, vomit, mud and feces
- Patented odor elimination neutralizes even the strongest pet odors
- Professional spot cleaner removes tough spots and stains from carpet, stairs, upholstery and more
- 5 flex hose helps to clean spots and stains in hard to reach areas including stairs, upholstery, and area rugs
- Includes 6 stair tool, 3 tough stain tool and 8 ounce Professional Deep Cleaning formula
- Bissell best Formula for pet odors and stains, even tackles skunk odor
- For use in Bissell, hoover, and rug Doctor upright Deep cleaning machines
- Permanently removes stains and odors at the source with the power of Oxy
- Tank capacity 1.75 gallons; Extra large dirt lifter power brush for deep scrubbing action
- Heavy duty suction power aids in fast drying time. Cleans on the forward and backward pass for reduced cleaning time and dries faster than the leading competitive rental carpet cleaners
- Two large tanks for full room cleaning
- Outcleans the leading rental carpet cleaning machine and half the weight (cleaning results compared to the leading rental machine based on measurement of color reflectance and brightness of carpet...
- Carpet dries in about an hour—no need to wait; use Express Clean Mode as a time-saver! The carpets & area rugs will dry in about an hour. Tested on new carpet in Express Clean Mode. Results may vary
- Antibacterial cleaning—deep clean your carpets to clean and control odor-causing bacteria hiding in your carpet. Power Rating: 6.8 amps; Cleaning Path Width: 11"
- "AMAZONS CHOICE #1 RECOMMENDED BRAND" *Drill Brush 360* SAVE TIME, SIMPLY CLEAN FASTER - CLEANING BRUSHES THAT ATTACH TO ANY CORDLESS DRILL- Turn your ordinary drill into a powerful cleaning tool in...
- PROFESSIONAL CLEANING: This professional 3 pcs kit can be used on His or Her projects indoor and outdoor.Drill brushes are perfect for power scrubbing kitchen surfaces , bathroom surfaces ,tubs,...
- FITS %99 OF ALL DRILLS :Simple 1/4 inch steel shaft quick connect slides right into your drill then simply tighten.
- CARPET MIRACLE - Cleans & Deodorizes Carpet & Upholstery to its original soft & beautiful condition
- FOR ALL MACHINES - Hoover, Bissell, Rug Doctor, Kenmore, Carpet Express (Sears, Home Depot, Walmart)
- CARPET CLEANING SOLUTION - works on all water safe surfaces: Carpets & Rugs to Furniture & Auto Uph.
- Proven unbeatable versus all leading formulas
- Contains at least 4X the cleaning agents as most other formulas. Carpets look good & stay clean longer with BISSELL Professional Formula with Scotchgard Protector. Surface Type Heavy Traffic Areas,...
- Triple Action formula deep cleans and protects, while removing tough odors.Safer Choice Certified with a sustainable design–earth friendly formula contains no heavy metals, phosphates, or dyes....
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Clean tank capacity - 30.6 ounces, Dirty tank capacity -29.2 ounces. Buy BISSELL, save pets. BISSELL donates up to 10 dollars to the BISSELL pet foundation for every pet product purchase, upon...
- Get rid of messes without getting your hands dirty. This hands free portable carpet cleaner does all the scrubbing for you
- AUTOMATIC CLEANING TECHNOLOGY - Push forward to clean and pull back to dry
- AUTO-CLEAN MOTION SENSING DESIGN - eliminate the guesswork while leaving your floors refreshed
- AUTO-MIX - precisely mixes and dispenses solution for optimal cleaning
Last update on 2020-01-21 at 14:27 PST - Details