Gardening is one of the noblest hobbies a person can have. After all, you’re cultivating your own little paradise that will improve the quality of your life greatly. From your health to your social life, gardening can be the thing that ties it all together. People wrongly assume that this is a tedious and rather boring hobby that requires a lot of manual and menial tasks. This couldn’t be further from the truth, though. In reality, gardening sets you free, brings you closer to nature, keeps you vital, and gets your creative juices flowing.
After all, what’s more, creative than creating a whole new little self-sustainable ecosystem? Your garden is the reflection of yourself. It is beautiful, well cared for, and flourishing more and more each day. Of course, gardening wouldn’t be so rewarding if it wasn’t also challenging. There are a number of obstacles you can face right in your backyard if you don't know about garden maintenance by Oceanside arborists.
From not knowing to how to take care of certain plants, to not knowing how to organize your garden, to dealing with pests, to keeping up with gardening trends- it can all be hard to cope with. Luckily, this is still a very popular hobby, meaning that it has plenty of solutions to the most common issues. With innovation taking the rails, you’ll be able to fully enjoy the charms of gardening.
1. Expanding the uses of the garden
Up to now, having a garden was a pretty narrow definition. It used to be a place where you cultivate plants and spend your afternoons tending to them. Today, a garden is so much more. It is a little piece of heaven you’ve created for yourself and a personal oasis you can enjoy daily.
As life becomes more urbanized, people search for ways to get closer to nature again. After all, it instills a sense of calm and serenity that none of us can do without. Your garden has the power to shield you from stress and the troubles of daily life like nothing else. This is why one new use of the garden is relaxation. What’s more comforting than enjoying a cold drink in the warm summer days in a word you’ve created yourself?
The next step and indeed the next use of the garden is socialization. Solitude may be bliss, but inviting others into your little world can be just as rejuvenating and fun. People today use their gardens to catch up with friends and bond with family members. They can be as open and honest as they like because the garden is considered to be a safe place.
And thus, with these uses, the garden has an actual purpose. The question of why even have a garden will finally become completely redundant. People will also find more motivation to actually start their own gardens. Meaning and purpose will once again be restored.
2. A better pair of pruners
Pruning is one gardening process that’s been around for ages. At the beginning of each new gardening season, you’ll need to take your pruners and tend to your garden. This means pruning away overgrown parts of trees and bushes, as well as getting rid of potential sick branches. Without pruning, your garden isn’t going to look nice or healthy.
Pruners or pruning shears should be a part of every gardener’s tool belt. No matter how skilled you are, you’re not going to get much done without proper equipment. Many people opt for the cheapest pair of pruners and end up having to buy a new pair each new season. As well as that, their pruners don’t last long. They either become dull from use beyond repair or they rust in the gardening shed after prolonged storage.
Nowadays, gardeners are becoming more and more aware of how useful gardening shears actually are. No matter how expensive the best pair might be, it’s worth every cent. If you have decent pruning shears, you’ll be done with this task twice as quickly than with your old pair. The twigs and branches will be no match for the sharp razor of the shears.
As well as that, a good pair of pruners will last you a lifetime. In the long run, it’ll pay off much more for you to invest in something once and use it for years than to keep having to buy the same item year after year.
3. Safe pest solution options
Pests, namely bugs, are a common sight in any garden. No matter what gardener you ask, they’ll tell you that they had pest problems at one point in their gardening career. Of course, there are some precautions you can take. One of them is to plant your plants far away from each other so that insects have nothing to hold onto. This doesn’t guarantee you’ll avoid a pest infestation, though.
The easiest way to get rid of bugs is to simply buy pesticide and spray your garden. Just because it’s easy, doesn’t mean it’s right, though. After all, your goal is to create a non-toxic environment that will be safe for you and your children. What’s more, pesticides kill your plants as much as they kill the bugs.
Another way to fight pests is with natural pesticides. You can easily make your own pesticide and spray it around the garden without having to worry about your plants getting hurt. If you want to be more innovative, you’ll invite even more nature to the premises.
Birds, toads, and hedgehogs are your greatest friends. They love milling all around the garden, and they’ll keep your plants safe from any harm. To invite nature’s critters into your home, you’ll need to give them shelter and some food. For birds, you can make bird feeders, install a birdbath, or place a few birdhouses. Hedgehogs are drawn to safe corners of the garden where they can hide between logs and leaves, so make sure to give that to them. Finally, toads love garden lakes as much as toad houses you can place around the garden.
If you’re not fond of critters in your backyard, you can use the power of plants once more. Lemongrass and lavender are natural insect repellents that you can count on to keep pests at bay. The best part is that your plants will be completely out of harm’s way.
4. More effective seeding and planting
Seeding and planting are two of the most tiresome gardening activities there are. They take a lot of time, can be physically demanding, and if you’re new to gardening, you won’t have any idea what you’re doing. After all, to get seeding and gardening just right, it takes a lot of years and practice. That being said, there’s also numerous advice on just how you should plant and seed your garden.
A modern gardening solution is to use convenient planter bags. The gardening community is in awe by this handy tool, as it can help both new and old gardeners get their gardens fixed up in quickly and without making a mess. In truth, there are many uses of the planter bag.
First of all, you can use it to carry garden waste easily. It’s very durable and sturdy, but not heavy itself, meaning that you’ll easily be able to carry your garden waste away from your garden. As well as that, you can carry many other useful garden tools in it. There’s no more need to buy expensive carriers or make plenty of trips to get your materials all in one place. With the planter bag, you’ll be set to go right away.
Still, the most important contribution the planter bag has made to the gardening world is when it’s used as a planter. Because the bag has plenty of water drainage holes, it encourages healthy rooting of the plant. The bag is also made from non-toxic materials so you won’t have to worry about your plants growing in an unsafe environment.
5. Effective disposal of garden waste
Garden waste is an everyday occurrence in every garden. From plant clippings to weeds and rotten plants, every gardener deals with the same things. Since this is supposed to be an Eco-friendly activity and your chance to give back to the world, there needs to be a better solution for gardening waste. Throwing things away in the garbage won’t cut it anymore.
This is where composting comes into view. Of course, composting is nothing new in the gardening world. It’s been around for ages, yet people don’t seem to turn to this method as often as they should. The biggest innovation in composting today is the composting bins themselves.
It used to be popular to buy specially made composting bins at the home and garden section of any store, but that has changed. After all, this method is not nearly as Eco-friendly as it could be, thus kind of beating the point of composting in the first place. The next step was to reuse old garbage cans as composting bins.
This worked just fine until people decided to get even more creative. Today, you’ll notice that most gardeners build their own compost bins from Eco-friendly and biodegradable materials. The most common material used is wood, of course.
All you need is one afternoon for this DIY project, and you’ll have your own compost bin that you’ll use for years to come. Organic fertilizer that’s good for both your garden and the world will never be out of style.
100 Best GARDENING HACKS AND IDEAS by Garden Tips - Beginners to Experts
As you can see, innovation comes in all shapes and sizes. You may have not heard of these gardening trends or may not have even thought they were useful, but they have the power to turn your garden into something borderline magical. This will no longer be the place where only hard work and sweat are present. It will also be home to joy, happiness, and vitality. As well as that, you can be sure that no one is going to have a garden as unique and beautiful as yours. Use that to your advantage and invite your neighbors to marvel at it. Who knows, they might get inspired to create an oasis of their own, making the world a much brighter place.
Top rated best selling AeroGarden - Indoor Plants Growing System
- 【MULTIPLE USE PLANTING LED & DIMMABLE TABLE LAMP 】Widely applicable for funny planting experience and science education for children, adjustable dimmable eye-caring table lamp for study use,...
- 【Eyes Protective Table Lamp】Designed with a dimmable brightness touch sensor switch for reading, 360° adjustable depending on the plants growing conditions and your own reading habits. Only comes...
- 【HIGH EFFICIENCY LED LIGHT & ENERGY SAVING】Designed with High Effective Customized Spectrum 5-watt LED Lighting System is tuned to the specific spectrum for plant growing, providing the necessary...
- Grow fresh herbs & veggies all year round in this in home garden system. Always fresh, always local, always in season
- INCLUDES GOURMET HERB SEED KIT (6 POD) - Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, Dill, Thyme, Thai Basil and Mint & a 3oz bottle of our patented, all natural plant nutrients (enough for a full season of...
- PLANT TO PLATE - Up to 6 plants grow at a time, up to 12 inches Tall with this indoor garden; Grows in water no soil, no mess, Made simple
- EASY TO USE - Control panel tells you when to add water, reminds you when to add plant food (included), automatically turns lights on and off for your hydroponics growing system.Do not allow water to...
- power_source_type: Battery Powered
- Garden year round. Grow fresh herbs, vegetables, salad greens, flowers and more in this smart countertop garden. And with a beautiful stainless steel finish, it will look great on your counter top
- Up to 9 plants can be grown at a time. Plants grow in water, not soil. Advanced hydroponics made simple
- High performance, full spectrum 45 watt LED lighting system is tuned to the specific spectrum that allows plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests
- Includes the supplies you'll need to start your seedlings inside (seeds not included)Our Grow Sponges are made from pure Canadian Sphagnum Peat and provide soil-free, no-mess, indoor growing all...
- One re-usable durable plastic seed starter tray
- Includes 3 oz. patented liquid plant food (enough for a full season of growth) & 23 Biodegradable Grow Sponges
- Food Grade ABS: Tested and certified by Roahs, TUV, Reach, PPF and CE, our hydroponic gardening system is made of food grade ABS which is safe, non-toxic and no-odor, making the veggies or herbs are...
- Adjustable Light Panel with 135° Angel: The Led light can be moved at a 135 degree Angle as the plants grow taller to ensure that the plant gets plenty of light without burning where leaves touches...
- High Performance LED GROW LIGHTS: Tested and certified by TUV, the full spectrum 21W LED grow lights of the indoor garden kit has built-in IR, red, blue and green light, which is turned to the...
- Specially formulated Liquid Nutrients now in a 88.72 ml (3 oz.) size bottle
- Convenient to use dispenser cup with ML markings included
- Patented, organic pH buffering system great for all hydroponic applications
Last update on 2021-08-11 at 01:13 PST - Details
Top rated best selling Gardening equipments & tools
Last update on 2021-08-11 at 03:24 PST - Details