Online Mattress Shopping
Unlike in the past, Online Mattress Shopping is no longer time consuming and expensive. Shopping for the perfect mattress is now easier than ever, with various available online retailers. In addition, many retailers offer expedited and free shipping options as well.
How to Choose the Perfect Online Mattress Shopping
Choosing the best online mattress store does not have to be a difficult process. Various websites, such as the Better Business Bureau, available in the United States, Canada, and Mexico, offer unbiased business reviews that can easily be searched.
One of the main benefits of buying a mattress online is that it is often a great deal cheaper than in-store. Physical retailers often inflate their prices, often by whopping 1000%. Various promotions and coupons are also readily available online.
In addition, online retailers offer a much wider range of mattresses than in-store.
Best of all, one does not have to deal with high-pressure sales. However, options for haggling over price online exist as well. Simply open the chat window on one’s favourite site, and speak with the customer service representative.
Mattresses arrive at one’s door in a few days, and many retailers offer free or reduced-shipping rates as well. Many even offer a money back guarantee and free trials!
In particular, bed-in-a-box is the newest innovation in online mattress shopping. Foam mattresses are compressed into a box less than 4 feet tall and delivered to one’s door by courier.
How to Choose the Perfect Mattress
As a rule, mattresses should be replaced every 5 to 10 years. It may be time to replace one’s mattress when waking up with more aches and pains than usual, when the mattress is showing obvious signs of wear and tear, and when the mattress is sinking and caving.
The first step to choosing the perfect mattress is determining one’s budget. The second step is to determine the type and material.
One’s sleeping position and habits will influence the type of mattress needed. For example, for those who sleep on their stomachs, latex foam or innerspring mattresses are recommended. For those who sleep on their back, a medium support mattress is recommended. For those who sleep on their side, innersprings are recommended. Finally, for those who toss and turn, memory foam or latex mattresses are recommended. For those with allergies, latex mattresses are the safest option.
Types of Mattresses
- Latex Mattresses –Latex mattresses are available in natural or synthetic types. Natural latex mattresses are more environmentally friendly and expensive. Synthetic latex is the cheaper option. In general, latex mattresses are known for staying cool and being very comfortable. These are perfect for those who prefer a firmer bed. Latex mattresses last from 10 to 20 years.
- Innerspring (Coil) Mattresses – Coil mattresses are the most traditional type of mattress. They are comfortable, affordable, and durable. These are the best option for those who like a bed with bounce. Innerspring mattresses typically last up to 10 years.
- Memory Foam Mattresses – Developed by NASA in the 1970s, memory foam mattresses are experiencing increased popularity due to their superior comfort and support of the body. These are the best option for those who prefer a firmer bed. Memory foam mattresses are expected to last about 10 years.
- Hybrid Mattresses – Hybrid mattresses are a combination of both innerspring and memory foam mattresses. They offer the support of the innersprings and the contour of the memory foam. Hybrid mattresses are expected to last about 10 years.
- Pillow top Mattresses- These are regular mattresses, such as innerspring, memory foam, or hybrid, with a soft layer on top for extra comfort.
- Adjustable Mattresses – Mattresses that allow users to adjust and elevate certain parts of the body are perfect for snorers, those with lower back pain, and chronic conditions, such as acid reflux.
- Waterbed Mattresses – Water beds, although a bit unconventional, are perfect for those with arthritis and allergies to latex and other mattress materials.
- Dual-Chamber Air-Filled Mattresses- These mattresses can be custom-inflated to desired firmness. They are perfect for individuals and couples who need varying degrees of firmness.
- Futon Mattresses – Futons are versatile and surface-saving sleep options for those with minimal square footage.
Costs of Online Mattresses
The cost of mattresses online varies, however, the $1,000 price range is recommended for Queen-sized mattresses for quality and durability. King and California King-sized mattresses should cost approximately $1,400 to $1,500.
Innerspring mattresses range from $800 to $1,200, latex mattresses range from $850 to $2,400,memory foam mattresses range from $800 to over $4,000, hybrid mattresses are from $600 to $4,000, adjustable mattresses range from $700 to $5,000, pillow tops mattresses are about $500 to $1,000, waterbed mattress range from $400 to $1,800, and airbed mattresses are from $500 to $4,000. Finally, futons range from $50 to $400.