Compared Lists of best selling self evaporating air conditioners - 2019
Unfortunately a tree stuck our house last year in 2017 and my window, ac broke during that worst weather. Then in 2018 February, I started shopping for Portable AC without the Hose since I didn't want hose outside of my new window, it was just inconvenience, hassle and i need to open window in my small room. Many times i need fresh air and want to leave my only window in the room, opened. So i started looking for self evaporating air cooler.
I have to say i am glad i got two which I am still using and am in the process of getting two more Portable AC without the Hose. Below are top lists of hose less portable air conditioner.
These awesome coolers are also searched as portable ac without the hose or portable ac at Lowes, portable AC Walmart in Google and Amazon.
Last update on 2019-10-15 at 02:47 PST - Details
Overview & My experience
Works very well especially with the water cooling instead of just the fan, almost too cold with the ice packs. Remember this is for dry not humid locations. Perfect for Colorado, my place! Very quiet, easy to use. Haven’t used the timer function so can’t comment to that. Bad thing is directions suck so don’t really know what all the functions or buttons are for. Doesn’t really matter. Pour in water, watch the water level!! push the power button, cool off. Another nice thing , it has a swing function so it doesn’t have to blow in just one spot.
The directions are not totally clear. They say to unlock and remove the water tank but you cant, you have to fill it from the water inlet on the side. I emailed the company and that's what they told me. Customer service was good they emailed back within 12 hours.
It's a really great product. Go to Amazon to find this Compact Portable Air Conditioner Air Cooler and Heater with Fan Filter Humidifier Ice Crystal Box Remote Control, price is also great, heat fast, but also save electricity, but also with the direction of the wheel, very convenient.
I have been tortured by how dry the room can get when you turn the heaters on in winters. The humidity drops to below 30% or even 20% and you can feel you face is burning and scorching. It is definitely a hell. I have tried the ultrasonic humidifier. It is crappy. Never rise the humidity in the room even by a bit. I bought this product. It is AMAZING as a humidifier. My room humidity can rise to 50% easily with my heaters on. Thanks god. If you need a STRONG humidifier, buy it!
This little unit makes an excellent cool zone for sleeping or such. An excellent little machine. I'll be buying a couple of bigger units for the bigger house. Excellent quality cooler for an average size room. It keeps us nice and cool in my hot room before the swamp coolers are turned on every spring!
COSTWAY 24" AIR COOLER is an Air Cooler.
Adopt ice crystal refrigeration and air humidifying technology, air cooler can cut down the temperature from air vent and raise relative humidity, prevent air drying.
Easy to Move and Storage
The compact and lightweight air cooler is easy to carry and storage, and fits discreetly in most spaces. 4 caster wheels make it easy to move your unit from room to room.
Product Dimensions - 10 x 11 x 24 inches Item Weight - 10 pounds
Pros: What we Like:
1. Its #1 new release on Amazon right now.
2. It comes with 2 blues ice boxes. They fit perfectly under he top flap!
3. Great price for what it does.
4. It's self contained, it's like an ice pack that's reusable which works as mentioned.
5. Different uses - as cooler, as humidifier, as a fan.
6. It has Swing mode for various speed and cooling.
7. 4L Large-capacity Water Tank.
8. You can Breathe Cool and Clean Air.
9. They come in 4 different sizes mentioned below
24" Air Cooler
24.5" Air Cooler
28" Air Cooler
29" Air Cooler
10. You can always add a Protection Plan to be on safe side [Its optional!]:
Cons: What we Do Not Like:
1. The directions are not totally clear, may be this is just me 🙂
2. Its an evaporation cooler not an air conditioner.
3. It's just a container that freezes like a big ice cube to help the water get cooler.
- Indoor evaporative air cooler or swamp cooler ideal for use in the southwest and Midwest regions of the US - Performs best in hot/dry climates where humidity levels are <60%
- Super low power consumption 230W & powerful 470-659CFM airflow ideal for spot cooling small to medium spaces such as living room, bedroom, den, covered patio, garage
- Carbon Dust Air Filter, Remote Control, Low water alarm, energy saving timer, Adjustable humidification dial & Ice compartment.
Last update on 2019-10-15 at 03:27 PST - Details
Overview & My experience
This is a nice cooler for a small space like an atrium, but I use it in my garage. I live in El Paso and evaporative roof coolers are still in abundance due to the dry air. Evaporative air conditioners will not work in humid climates - when humidity it high it only blows warm air. It's best to use it in an area where you can control air flow. In the garage I leave the garage door open about 3"-4" - the idea is to have an outlet for circulation. You don't want to have doors or windows open to allow warm or hot air from outside. A single outlet allows the cooler to lower the temperature in the room and keep the air fresh.
My only complaint so far is that I was trying to find a "Honeycomb cooling media" replacement part. This is a pad where the water flows from the top of the unit, down through the filter to the water reservoir at the bottom. It will collect dirt and scaly mineral deposits. Honeywell recommends changing the water and cleaning the filter every two months, but having had roof coolers for years, filters will clog up and the air flow will be restricted. Seems simple that they would have a replacement, but I've looked for weeks and can't find a dealer who sells them. One site listed a thin foam-type pad (used in roof coolers) - it may work, but not as well as the block media filter. They lose a star for that - and you can't find a replacement frame, or a carbon dust filter which comprises the "cooling media" package at the rear of the unit.
The cooler has worked very well for two seasons. While preparing it for season three, I discovered the water pump was dead. After draining the cooler and removing the rear panel to replace it, I discovered the water tank was much dirtier than expected. The fan blocked me from cleaning under and in back of it, so I used a garden hose for those areas. I think it gets so dirty inside due to the stretchable "Carbon Dust Filter" with large air holes that don't do much to stop dust. You have to wrestle it onto the cooling pad since it keeps shrinking inwards. It appears to be incapable of providing proper filtering.
SOLUTION 1: Replace the cheapo filter with an Amazon "Adjustable Window Screen, 48X48 Inch Inflaming Retarding DIY Custom Gray Fiberglass Screen Mesh Anti Mosquito Bug Insect for Windows and Doors". (Long title, yes?) After cutting it to size, it will filter out more dust (and raise the rating to 4.5 stars)
SOLUTION 2: My Amazon "Coleman CL30XC" cooler is very easy to clean simply by removing the cooler from its base (which basically is a bucket on wheels). There is no cheapo carbon filter, and it holds more water. Far superior 5 star quality, in my opinion.
The humidity in Flagstaff is very low - often under 10% and rarely more than 50%. We have no air conditioning, and in 17 years rarely miss. Based on forecasts for the outside temperature to be in the range of 90-92, I ordered two of these units. We have used the XXit out of them for the last week. The temperature out of the cooler is about 71 when it is 92 outside. Adding ice to the top drops it a few degrees, but it is very temporary. On full speed air and water, it lasts 4 hours. If you lower the water flow to 2/3, the temperature does not drop at all, and it last for 6-7 hours. We bought an anti-bacterial solution that we put in 1 time a day. The humidifying effect is an added bonus.
These coolers have worked fabulously and we love them. We may buy a few for our home in Phoenix just to supplement the air conditioning. But, for RV's, toy haulers, trailers, I can't imagine why in the dry southwest you would not use these.
There are two downsides: they are as noisy as a window or RV A/C, and we use and like them so much that we are filling them twice a day. So buy a 2 gallon bucket to fill the 4 gallon tank.
Like a breeze flowing across a lake, Honeywell Evapourative Coolers provide a natural, cool breeze with the power of water evaporation. Honeywell Evapourative Coolers combine 3 appliances: Evapourative air cooler, fan and humidifier - into one compact energy-saving system. A fan alone creates a breeze by recirculating warm air, but when you add water and/ice to the tank, Honeywell Evapourative Coolers reduce the temperature of incoming warm air, transforming it into a cool moist breeze. Honeywell Portable Air Coolers are built to last and carefully crafted with the science of aerodynamics to minimize energy consumption while maximizing the airflow. An evaporative air cooler offers an energy efficient cooling option when the air is hot with low humidity, such as desert areas like the southwestern United States (recommended humidity level is 60% or less for maximum efficiency). For those living in more humid cities, please consider Honeywell Portable Air Conditioners.
Product Dimensions 14.6 x 18.9 x 32.9 inches
Item Weight 23.4 pounds
How do I drain the water and how often I have to do it?
Drain is on the bottom, as you look at unit from the back, it is on bottom right. as far as cleaning, guess it depends on how much you use. i use mine about 30 minutes a day, clean once a month. should probably do more
How often do I have to refill the unit with water?
In my experience, if you're running it all day during daylight hours, you'll have to fill it twice. And this isn't something you want to fill with a bucket if you can help it. It's best if you have easy access to a hose without having to pick the thing up and carry it outside. I'm lucky because our hose is right outside the room that I use the cooler in, and I have a sliding glass door there.
Do you need to have it near a window?
I had it next to open door so it was sucking in lots of outside air. Also I had a window open at the other side of the house so the air could escape there.
I used to have a Mastercool 5000 years ago. I know how a swamp cooler works. I put a thermometer in front of it and only pushing out room temp air, nothing colder
Can you add water via the top loading ice compartment? Easier than the small side opening...
no, according to the manual.
Pros: What we Like:
1. Powerful, low-energy cooling
2. Ice Compartment for Colder Air
3. Rhythmic Wind Sounds - Choose normal, natural or sleep modes for a cyclical wind pattern, simulating the ebb and flow of a natural breeze.
4. Combats Irritating Dryness - Three settings regulate the density of evaporative moisture, ensuring optimal humidity levels for your space.
5. Easy-Fill Water Tank - A wider opening protects against spillage and eases the process of filling the water tank.
6. Washable active carbon filter traps dust, odors and pollutants.
7. Operate with convenience using the full-featured remote. Avoid bothersome misplacements with the built-in storage.
8. Programmable for up to 7.5 hours with an auto-off feature, set the timer for unattended operation.
Cons: What we Do Not Like:
1. It's an evapourative air cooler not an AC
- PERSONAL SPACE COOLER: Three-speed mini cooler fan, designed for creating personal space cooling. Using the latest evaporative misting cooling technology, which can keep you away from dry air and...
- 3 IN 1 FUNCTION: This portable air conditioner cooler can cool, humidify and purify the air around you. Easy to operate, you can fill cold water with ice cube for mist humidify cooling air.
- UNIQUIE DESIGN: Mini Water Tray design for preventing the desk getting wet. You can also adjust the wind direction according to your need, support vertical direction rotation. It has a handle that he...
Last update on 2019-10-15 at 05:47 PST - Details
Overview & My experience
Great product with wonderful customer service!
The product: I recently purchased a package of Slim Snacks and love them! I have 2 small children who require constant snacks. These allow me to bring a variety of choices without the bulk of other snack containers. I highly recommend them if you are looking for a little more room in your diaper bag/purse/backpack.
Customer Service: When I opened each container to wash them prior to use, 1 of the 4 had a problem. When I went to open it, the entire lid popped off (the lid is supposed to stay attached - another great feature!). I emailed the manufacturer directly and asked if there was any way to get a replacement for the 1 that was defective. I got an immediate response apologizing and saying they would ship me a new one. Great! When the replacement arrived, I was surprised to find an entire box of 4 Slim Snacks (not just 1 that had broken), a handwritten note from the owner and a sample of their straws for us to try. Now that is fantastic customer service!
Holds about 3 oz of liquid. I couldn't find the amount it holds anywhere (please correct me if I'm wrong!), so I measured water up to about half an inch below the top (so there's room to pop the lid on) and it was about 3 ounces. Also, for standing them up to fill, a tall drinking glass makes a good stand. Or the Boon Grass drying rack, if you happen to own one of those. Anyway, quality seems good so far, and things freeze up pretty quickly.
I have used this about 50 times and is holding up very well. I use this right next to my desk to heat up water for coffee. Takes around 5mins or less to have a piping hot container.
For someone with limited room space, this product is a godsend! I can make about 2 cups of coffee with this. It probably common nowadays, but I used to have a kettle that had a flimsy top. With this product, when it is hot, the lid will not just fall off when you are pouring your water, it really helps to not worry about anything spilling. Highly recommended!
I work 1 full time job, one part time job and attend graduate school. A Gourmet meal for me during school is drive thru at McDonalds. These little gems are fantastic. I have purchased four sets (total of 12 tubes) I fill them up with nuts, granola, soup starter, freeze dried cranberries, raisins, bananas, mango slices, I fill a tube with peanut butter and put celery slices in another tube. I have taken them for hiking and camping. You would not believe how incredibly handy they are to keep sugar, cocoas, coffee, seasonings and batteries. Going kayaking? Fill one with matches, ropes, those small tiny things that you need that you do not want to douse in the water. Put your keys in one and they are dry and ready for use after the trip when you dock. I cannot say enough about this product. It is wonderful.
The chord is not permanently attached. It has dual voltage for international travel, just flip the switch. The plug is for US, so you need an adapter for international use.
3 IN 1 FUNCTION
This portable air conditioner cooler can cool, humidify and purify the air around you. Easy to operate, you can fill cold water with ice cube for mist humidify cooling air.
Package Dimensions 9.1 x 6.6 x 6.6 inches
Item Weight 1.7 pounds
Pros: What we Like:
1. Awesome Price tag for the work it does.
2. Easy to use
3. Easy to carry and storage.
4. This is made of 304 stainless steel
5. This kettle includes a type A plug which is designed for use in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Japan.
6. The cord is removable so that you may use your own country specific plug. 7. Also, an adapter may be used with the included plug.
They also offer 100% money back if you're not happy with your purchase for any reason.
8. The lid is not attached to the kettle. It is designed to be easily removed and replaced.
9. The bottom has the voltage switch easily changed with a small coin.
10. The inlet plug is a C14 (so takes a C13), makes it easy to substitute in a European to c13 cord. Or just a longer cord.
Cons: What we Do Not Like:
1. May not cool your whole room if its big room!
- Indoor/ Outdoor evaporative air cooler or swamp cooler ideal for use in the southwest and Midwest regions of the US - Performs best in hot/dry climates where humidity levels are <60%
- Weather resistant for outdoor use, super low power consumption 288W, powerful 525-729 CFM airflow ideal for spot cooling small to medium indoor and outdoor spaces such as living room, patio/ BBQ area,...
- Carbon Dust Air Filter, Remote Control, Low water alarm, energy saving timer, Adjustable humidification dial & Ice compartment. Detachable Tank for easy maintenance
Last update on 2019-10-15 at 09:37 PST - Details
Overview & My experience
I am very happy with it. The build is very solid, this is not a piece of junk. So far it was been well worth it! I own a grilled cheese shop and as you can imagine, the kitchen gets insanely hot. I put this unit by the grill and the ovens and my cooks can feel a significant difference! The down side about this unit is the size. It takes up a lot of space, but worth it. Also you have to keep refilling it through out the day or you can put a hose on the bottom to have a constancy water flow from the hose. I cant do this because I dont want my employees to be tripping over the hose during work. Overall I love this unit and its HANDS DOWN one of the best investments I have purchased.
It is easy to use: Plug in the AC cord, put it near an open window or door, turn the cool dial to on, the speed from 1-3, (1 works fine for me), and swing to on or off, (on means the cooled air is blown around, not just straight ahead.).
Water is poured in through a door on the top. At a my settings, a 90% full tank will last a couple of days at 5 hours use per day. It has a garden hose nozzle that can be used to refill it without carrying pitchers of water back and forth.
The device itself is big, about 34 inches tall, 24 inches wide, and 15 inches deep. Without water, it isn't very heavy, and does have caster wheels on it. Noise level is okay, at least on the 1 setting, sounds like an ordinary box fan.
Reasons you might not want to buy this:
You live in an area with high humidity when it is hot. Evaporative coolers don't work so well in that environment. Works fine where I live, with medium humidity. Probably not so good in New Orleans 😉
Size, it the size of a 1950's era TV.
Breeze You Can Feel - What good is a cool breeze if you can't feel it? The smartly-designed air vents blow cool air at body level.
Combats Irritating Dryness - Three humidity settings ensure optimal relative humidity levels for your space.
Otherwise, this is a fine product that looks like it will last for a long time. The filters look to be easily replaceable, if necessary.
Outdoor Fans help to circulate warm air, Outdoor Mist Fans cool by spraying wet mist over your furniture and serving area. Honeywell Outdoor Evaporative Coolers provide a powerful cool breeze without wetting you and your guests. Like a breeze flowing across a lake, Honeywell Evaporative Coolers provide a natural, cool breeze with the power of water evaporation. Honeywell Evaporative Coolers combine 3 appliances: Evaporative air cooler, fan and humidifier - into one compact energy-saving system. A fan alone creates a breeze by recirculating warm air, but when you add water and/ice to the tank, Honeywell Evaporative Coolers reduce the temperature of incoming warm air, transforming it into a cool moist breeze. Honeywell Portable Air Coolers are built to last and carefully crafted with the science of aerodynamics to minimize energy consumption while maximizing the airflow. An evaporative air cooler offers an energy efficient cooling option when the air is hot with low humidity, such as desert areas like the southwestern United States (recommended humidity level is 60% or less for maximum efficiency).cfm525
1. Remote Control, Low water alarm, energy saving timer, Adjustable humidification knob & Ice compartment
2. Ice Compartment for Refreshingly Cool Air
3. Detachable Water Tank for Easier Operation
4. Convenient Remote Control
5. Set It & Forget It Timer
6. Weather-Resistant for the Outdoors
1. The GFIC that is part of the cord tripped each time i tried to plug it in. It did not trip my GFIC outlet however.
- Evaporative Air Cooler For Indoor Or Outdoor Use (UV & Weather Resistant) with 3 Speeds
- INDOOR USE: Cools Rooms Up To 850 Sq Ft, OUTDOOR USE: Air-Throw Up To 12 Yards
- Powerful Air Flow (1540 CFM) with Non-Compressor System, Honeycomb Cooling Media & 16 Inch Blade
Last update on 2019-10-15 at 03:49 PST - Details
Overview & My experience
This is a great working cooler which does its job as mentioned. Best part is no ICE needed! Its for both indoor & Outdoor use.
I like these so much I now have three of them, one in my small barn, one in the garage for the farm dogs and one as a backup! Have been using them for three summers now. They are well made and have held up really well to tough outdoor use. They do work best in a dry climate, if it's humid you might as well just turn the water off and use it as a fan only, it's not an air conditioner after all and it doesn't work like one. As an evaporative cooler, it does a fantastic job in small to medium spaces. Works great on a porch, garage or patio as well.
Honeywell OUTDOOR/INDOOR Evaporative Air Cooler
The Honeywell Indoor/Outdoor Evaporative Air Cooler is the perfect choice to keep indoor rooms and outdoor environments comfortably cool and breezy. This weather resistant evaporative air cooler is made to resist outdoor conditions. Honeywell evaporative air coolers do not require power hungry components like compressors. The low power consumption translates into significant savings on energy bills compared to using air conditioners. Just unpack, add water/ice, place near open door or window, plug it in, and use. This unit is ideal for rooms up to 850 sq. ft. in any home or office. For outdoor environments, it has an air-throw up to 12 yards. Its powerful motor helps to deliver strong air flow while a 14-inch fan blade and 3-side honeycomb media keep performance optimal. A continuous water supply connection, 15.8-gallon water tank, and built-in overflow protection system allow long periods of unattended operation, making it perfect for more demanding applications.
|Product Dimensions||27.6 x 18.3 x 40 inches|
|Item Weight||41 pounds|
It depends on the humidity. We live in the driest part of Oregon and run two of these. Fifteen hours is about the longest we have run them without a refill.
Pros : What we Like
1. Evaporative air cooler for indoor or outdoor use (UV and weather resistant)
2. Indoor use: For rooms up to 850 sq. ft.
3. Outdoor use: Air-throw up to 12 yards
4. Non-compressor system cools naturally, efficiently and inexpensively
5. Honeycomb cooling media on 3 sides for faster cooling performance
6. 14-Inch fan blade for powerful air throw
7. Top loading ice compartment and 15.8 gallon water tank with low water alarm
8. Continuous water supply connection for uninterrupted operation
9. Powerful air flow (1540 CFM)
10. Easy-to-use mechanical controls
11. 3 Speeds include high, medium and low
12. Oscillating louvers
13. Durable casters for easy mobility
14. 6 Ft. long power cord
15. It has worked great in my garage, that even in Arizona!
16. No Ice involved with this machine!
Cons : What we Do Not Like
1. If you live in a dry area you pretty much need cross ventilation.
- EASY TO MAINTAIN: With the help of portable mini size air cooler you will create comfortable temperature even in the hottest days. Just add a little water, press 1 button and enjoy cool air. A device...
- CHEAP IN USE & ECO-FRIENDLY: Using process mute,This mini air conditioner is Low energy consumption as a Simple Small Circular Fan,Much Cheaper Than Running a Freon Air Conditioner in Hot Summer Days....
- BUILT-IN NIGHT LIGHT: Built-in LED light with 7 colors allow you to customize this mini air cooler and display a mixture of bright lights to set the mood.
Last update on 2019-10-15 at 04:17 PST - Details
- 2-in-1 Evaporative Air Cooler and Fan, Allows you to bring Perfect for Dry and Hot climates
- Wide Angle oscillation covers more square footage, allowing more even distribution of cool air in any room
- Removable 1. 8 Gallon water tank is a breeze to fill and makes refilling extremely easy
Last update on 2019-10-15 at 02:47 PST - Details
Save money on expensive AC. If you are worried about air conditioner hose to be installed outside your window, worried about AC drain water, always go for self evaporating air cooler. They work as humidifier as well, are very efficient, portable, light and works just perfect, it cools your room enough so you can have great sleep!