Drone technology, also known as unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), is being used for many sectors like securities, photography, surveillance, hobby, games, professional videos making, constructions, war zones, communications, management and many more.
Drone's capacity to reach places where we human can not reach make it highly productive gadget, tool to accomplish many great projects. Drones have been used to save peoples' lives! During earthquake, flooding, tornadoes, drones helped search people, houses.
These unmanned aerial vehicles are easier to maneuver than conventional vessels used to take photo shots. Drone can capture real-time images from the fields, which always improves communication, safety, and marketing
In recent years, data shows the use of drones is skyrocketing in construction work, at a rate even higher than agriculture and manufacturing. We all have heard picture is worth a thousand words--and a thousand dollars. This is proved correct with use of drones, small unmanned aerial vehicles. We know many big companies using drones for their different types of businesses including amazon, for delivery.
Planes are very expensive and difficult to use, which were previously used heavily for on-site aerial photography. Now drones have overtaken these important tasks of big planes quickly. And this makes perfect sense because of its agility, speed, timing, pricing, availability, easiness. Drones are also used to handle more advanced jobs like mapping and thermal heat imaging.
Our research shows many began using a DJI Phantom 4 for his aerial photography at sites.
The Phantom 4 Pro, a consumer drone made by Shenzhen, China-based DJI, is listed as the most popular mapping drone according to DroneDeploy. That is followed by the foldable Mavic Pro at 27 percent. Phantom 4 is the third most popular drone, used by 16 percent pilots, DroneDeploy data showed.
Data shows that majority of drones used on construction sites are simple off-the-shelf drones from DJI.
Best selling drones accessories from Amazon
- Higher Quality - The landing pad is made of Waterproof Nylon Material. Lightweight, portable，color durability and easy to unfold and fast-fold. High precision printing and sun-protection, fade-proof...
- Extensive Applicability - The 30”(75) double sides portable pad perfectly fits the RC Drones Helicopter, PVB Drones, DJI Mavic Pro Phantom 2/3/4/ Pro, Antel Robotic, Holy Stone Gopro Kama, Parrot,...
- Functional & Portable - Double side with double color design, help to highlight the location of the drone. Durable and easy to carry out.
- Double EVA protect, give your phantom the best protection and enjoy yourself.
- Fits DJI 3 Professional, Advanced, Standard, 4K Quadcopter Drone and accessories.
- Backpack Size: 48cm * 37cm * 21cm, Weight: 1.06kg, Color: Black.
- Upgraded for the latest firmware of Phantom 3 series drones. With 4480mAh of power you can expect flights of 15-23 minutes on a single charge. The flight time depends on a number of external factors
- Battery type: LiPo cells, voltage: 15.2V, capacity: 4480 mAh, power: 68 Wh, With built-in 4 LED indicator lights to show how much power, that is remaining at the touch of a button
- Included One Phantom 3 battery safe bag. Perfectly compatible with DJI Phantom 3 SE, Advanced, Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 4K and Phantom 3 charger
- Compatible for DJI Phantom 4/ Phantom 3 Proffesional/Advanced/ Inspire 1/2 controller transmitter. (No compatible for Phantom 3 Standar/ Phantom 2).
- Copper Parabolic Technology: Foil copper using. prevent oxidation. Accurate parabolic curved booster completely reflects the remote signal to the antenna (focal point of reflector)
- Parabolic reflector; Foldable; Slide on and off. No tools or modifications required. No bump or deformation on the reflecting panel!
- CHRISTMAS SPECIAL! The DJI Mavic Pro is a small yet powerful drone that turns the sky into your creative canvas easily and without worry, helping you make every moment an aerial moment.
- CHRISTMAS SPECIAL! Its compact size hides a high degree of complexity that makes it one of DJI’s most sophisticated flying cameras ever.
- CHRISTMAS SPECIAL! 24 high-performance computing cores, an all-new transmission system with a 4.3mi (7km) *range, 5 vision sensors.
Last update on 2020-02-23 at 14:06 PST - Details
14 Benefits of Drones for Construction
Drones have started out as fun toys used by hobbyists and photographers, or even kids to get feel of awesome flying objects above, but drones are now no joke serious business. Below are ten ways drones can improve efficiencies and margins on your construction site:
1. Ahead in competition -
Perfectly taken pictures using drones can be very important advertising and sales tool. These informative pictures can improve surveying and planning data which will put you ahead in competition.
2. Better project Visibility -
View construction progress, get detailed visualized, mapped data of finished project using high quality videos and pictures.
3. Increase business confidence -
Now that you have quality images, videos of drone surveys of infrastructures, building, some may be virtual, you are ahead in the game and start bidding early for wining. Drone surveys can help you put the virtual design in the context of real conditions.
4. Litigation Helps -
Drones can increase project data, documentation hence reduces the chances of litigation, which definitely increases owner's defensibility.
5. Accounting, Invoicing Fact checking -
Drones can help to monitor work start, progress, completion more effectively, and do accounting accordingly hence highly improves invoicing accuracy.
6. Improve project outcomes -
Drones are very agile and mobile which vastly increases your ability to complete quality inspections unable to perform with other tools, in large and hard to reach areas with an efficient manner.
7. Ability to repeat tasks for accuracy -
Surveillance, video capturing can be repeated several times for best outcome and productive data. This is very difficult with other capturing tools in market. In-fact this also minimizes work relating to data accuracy gathering.
8. Increase Safety -
Needless to say, nowadays drones are used in difficult to reach, dangerous places for help and allow you to identify and mitigate potential hazards before they cause legal issue or they harm someone.
9. Asset and material preservation -
Drones equipped with streaming video capability can help you monitor the job site for suspicious activity, and identify theft as it’s happening. Think of this just as regular monitoring security cameras in stores, traffic lights. Now anyone can quickly monitor locations and quantities to ensure safety of all materials.
10. Help in Transportation and Inspection -
Using drones to transport goods aerially allows companies to execute difficult inspections and keep track of everything that enters and leaves the job site.
11. Better Communication and Management -
Drone technology has evolved to the point where instant connectivity and communication on the job site are at a surplus. Drones are being used more and more as a means of maintaining constant contact at worksites.
12. Best Surveying tools -
Drones greatly reduce the labor cost and time involved in creating accurate survey data which eliminate much of the human error involved in the process.
13. Saves Time -
Many drones have the ability to capture necessary data in much less time than traditional methods would take. Its agility and size beats other tools for data capture in terms of time and money.
14. Better Record Keeping -
Data from drone surveillance can be saved digitally for very cheap in cloud for less price, which are accessible around the world at any time since cloud save them in different Geo location for high availability. All of these and above benefits help you build client confidence and win construction bids.
How drones affecting construction
We have already mentioned above best legitimate fats about how drones are helping home improvement, home constructions. Below mentioned are the topics because of which construction industry is taken by drones:
- Better Security
- Meaningful Communication and Management
- Accurate Data
- Improvements to project process
- Quickly and easily repeatable
- Impressive pictures and data
- Help in accounting
- Time & cost saving
- Bids winning process
- Increase project completion confidence
- Increase clients, Increase Business
The increasing use of drones is causing a sharp increase in security efficiency. Whether the drones are used to maintain the safety of employees or to protect the job site from theft or vandalism, they are steadily seeing greater implementation in the construction industry (ofcourse including many other industry.
According to FAA - You need to register your aircraft using this website
You must use the paper (N-number) registration process if
Your unmanned aircraft is 55 pounds or greater
You want to qualify a small unmanned aircraft for operation outside the United States
You hold title to an aircraft in trust
The small unmanned aircraft owner uses a voting trust to meet U.S. Citizenship requirements
As of right now, they can be flown practically anywhere for any reason. Drones can also safely survey dangerous locations, reducing workplace accidents and increasing job site safety. In the future, drones will take on even more integral tasks involved in large projects. They are poised to cut the time it takes to build a skyscraper by a broad margin, thereby cutting costs. Contractors who rely on drones will be able to make much more ambitious bids and complete work on time.
How to Become a Drone Pilot
In order to fly your drone under the FAA's Small UAS Rule (Part 107), you must obtain a Remote Pilot Certificate from the FAA. This certificate demonstrates that you understand the regulations, operating requirements, and procedures for safely flying drones.
First-Time Pilots Eligibility
To become a pilot you must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand English
- Be in a physical and mental condition to safely fly a drone
- Pass the initial aeronautical knowledge exam
Requirements for Remote Pilot Certificate:
Must be easily accessible by the remote pilot during all UAS operations
Valid for 2 years. Certificate holders must pass a recurrent knowledge test every two years
Renewing Your Drone Flying Certificate
It's important for all pilots, including Certified Remote Pilots, to stay current and keep their knowledge up to date. That's why the FAA requires you to renew your Remote Pilot Certificate every 2 years. Learn how to renew your certificate.
You must take a recurrent knowledge test at a Knowledge Testing Center (PDF) within 24 calendar months of passing the initial knowledge test.
After passing the recurrent knowledge test, you must be able to show a copy of your recurrent knowledge test report if asked.
Part 61 pilot certificate holders with a current flight review (in accordance with 14 CFR part 61.56), must successfully complete this online course to satisfy the part 107 remote pilot with a small UAS rating recurrent training requirement.
You must be able to show a copy of your recurrent knowledge training certificate if asked.
You can read the Airmen Certification Standards for Remote Pilot Certification and Recurrent Knowledge Test can be found here (PDF).
Regulations for commercial drone regulation are evolving quickly. In the US, the relevant authority is the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and in the UK, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). You can review the latest FAA rules here, and the CAA rules here. Other countries may have their own regulations.
Coincidence is that I just saw a video where it is mentioned DRONES COLLECT WHALE SNOT to help researchers study the animal in its natural habitat. This is so exciting and was never possible before! When scientists spotted a whale about the surface, they launched the drone. When it shot air from its blowhole, the drone flew through the resulting spray, collecting phlegm on its attached petri dishes. The snot samples will give scientists a non-invasive way to study the whale’s DNA. Isn't this awesome! Here is the link [
A drone that collects whale snot may help scientists better understand ocean life. The Parley SnotBot flies over whales in ocean water to catch their snot, allowing scientists to analyze DNA, viruses, and environmental toxins in their bodies. Ocean Alliance developed the drone with Olin College of Engineering to make it easier to study whales without disturbing them in their natural habitat. -Reference:
Top 10 Drones for Sale from Amazon
- DJI Mavic Pro
- Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 FPV Explorers2
- DJI Phantom 3
- Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone
- Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon
- Force1 U45W Blue Jay
- DJI Phantom 4
- DBPOWER MJX X400W
- Autel Robotics X-Star Premium Drone
- Holy Stone HS110D FPV RC Drone with 720P HD Camera Live Video 120° Wide-Angle WiFi Quadcopter with Altitude Hold Headless Mode 3D Flips RTF with Modular Battery, Color Black
Top Rated Drones for high quality Images, Audio | Selected Lists, Description & Comparision of best dronesFrom tool organiser, wrench, pliers to leveler, crimping tool kit, tubing cutter, Sleeve remover, compressor, tools holders, tub drian extractor and may more indispensable tool you may not know, are so useful for both professionals and amateurs alike!
- Auto takeoff and auto return home with GPS technology, makes controlling easy. App enables monitoring/camera operation easy
- Capture 4K ultra HD video at 30 fps, supported resolutions include: 12.0MP (4000 x 3000) photos. The f/2.8 lens with a broad field of view delivers crisp, clear images
- Gimbal stabilization technology, along with a hover function allows you to capture smooth, clean footage while the camera is in the air
- Inside the Mavic’s pocket-sized remote controller is DJI’s brand new OcuSync transmission technology, with a range of 4.3mi (7km) and Full HD 1080p video streaming.
- The Mavic uses SkyAutonomy technology to sense obstacles up to 49ft (15m) away. It can then bypass these obstacles or brake to hover, preventing accidents even when flying beyond visual range.
- Mavic supports 4K video at 30fps. No Electronic Image Stabilization is used, ensuring all footage is 4K.
- Headless/IOC function. Usually, the forward direction of a flying multi-rotor is the same as the nose direction. By using headless/IOC, the forward direction has nothing to do with nose direction....
- Equipped with the latest 6-Axis flight control systems, 3D lock, more scheduled flight, operating more to the force!
- Equipped with HD camera to take photos and videos while flying! Bring a new perspective to your photos and videos from the air.
- up to 2.7K HD video recording with fully stabilized 3-axis gimbal
- Lightbridge digital streaming allows live viewing of 720p video (full resolution video is simultaneously recorded on the internal micro SD card)
- Vision Positioning system allows stable flight indoors
- Headless security system enables players of any level to fly the drone easily
- 2. 4GHz technology adopted for anti-interference
- More stable and flexible with 6-axis gyro stabilization system
- Personal Ground Station with built-in touchscreen
- Integrated 3-axis precision gimbal camera
- 4K/30fps ultra high definition video, 1080p/120fps slow motion video
- 720P HD CAMERA DRONE: Capture crisp photo and video footage with the HD drone camera; these RC drones for kids stream live FPV drone footage to your phone screen with FlyingSee app
- EASY VIDEO DRONES FOR BEGINNERS: 1-Key Lift/Land, 6-Axis Gyro, Headless Mode, and Altitude Hold let this beginner drone with camera fly with more ease and stability
- REMOTE CONTROL STUNT DRONE: Launch easy and perform 360 stunt flips with one button; create custom flight paths or fly in Gravity Mode with iPhone or Android device
- 4K Ultra HD video camera with quick-release 3-axis gimbal stabilizer
- HD Live View up to 1.2 miles away and autonomous flight modes via the free Starlink app for iOS or Android (mobile device sold separately)
- Dual GPS/GLONASS outdoor navigation, SecureFlyTM magnetic interference protection, and the Starpoint Positioning SystemTM
- HEADLESS MODE: Usually, the forward direction of a flying multi-rotor is the same as the nose direction, by using Headless, the forward direction has nothing to do with nose direction, the direction...
- 3D SPLIT SCREEN DISPLAY: Compatible with 3D VR HEADSET on MJX FPV APP, use your own VR HEADSET (NOT INCLUDED) to see the world in a different way
- FPV REAL TIME TRANSMISSION: Connect your phone with the drone and the view will be shown directly on your phone, thus enjoy the world above the horizon
- 1080P FOV 120° HD FPV CAMERA: You can capture memorable moments with distortion-free and view images on your phone from the wide-angel lens. The app enables you to expand your creativity further and...
- ALTITUDE HOLD: When you focus on shooting images, you may set your hands off the joystick and the drone still suspend in mid-air with locked altitude. A perfect drone for beginners, kids, starters, or...
- HEADLESS MODE: The pilot will feel easier to control, especially when the drone is out of sight, under headless mode while the orientation of the drone is in relation to the pilot. The drone are also...
Last update on 2020-02-23 at 14:06 PST - Details