Gone are the days when people wore traditional metal braces. These days, a better option is available. It is called Invisalign. If you want to achieve that perfect smile, it might be just what you need. More and more people are opting for Invisalign than ever before. It is a safe alternative to ugly braces. If you are interested in Invisalign and do not know much about it, you have come to the right place.
What Is Invisalign?
In the simplest of words, Invisalign is an orthodontic dental treatment that is performed by dentists to help their patients achieve a beautiful smile. Patients that have mild-to-moderate misalignment can opt for the procedure. Invisalign treatments are suitable for patients that have an under-bite, crossbite, or overbite.
Clear plastic aligner trays are used during the process to move the teeth gradually into the right alignment. In order for the desired result to be achieved, these aligner trays have to be worn by patients for at least 20 hours every day. As the trays are easy to remove, patients have no trouble maintaining oral health as they normally would and do not need to stress about any brackets or wires getting in the way.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
New York Total Dental, credible Invisalign dentists in New York, state the main advantages of Invisalign as being easy to use and easy to remove for cleaning and eating. Furthermore, there are many benefits of Invisalign as mentioned below.
- Removable trays are used by Invisalign for straightening the teeth instead of getting brackets glue to your teeth and wires connecting them.
- Precise treatment is offered to patients by Invisalign as digital imaging is leveraged for creating the trays.
- Patients get to achieve a brand-new smile when they undergo Invisalign treatment. They do not need to worry about any metal appliances. The Invisalign trays are easy to remove which means that patients have no trouble with brushing and flossing their teeth.
- The cost of Invisalign is comparable to traditional braces.
- Invisalign is a more discreet process which means that your friends would not even know that you are undergoing treatment and will only notice the results.
- Teenagers and adults who understand that they need to comply with the treatment can opt for Invisalign to get the smile that they have always dreamed about.
- Invisalign takes less time and offers incredibly fast results.
Who Is the Perfect Candidate for Invisalign?
Most teens and adults can opt for Invisalign treatment to treat the most common orthodontic issues. But, more complicated cases would need something more precise for better tooth control rather than just a removable aligner. This is why it is important that you book an appointment with your dentist to determine if Invisalign is the perfect fit for you or not. It will provide you with peace of mind as you can count on the recommendation of the dentist.
Moreover, if you do not have the patience to wear the aligner trays for at least 22 hours every day, you cannot consider Invisalign as it is important for you to wear them for a long time to be able to benefit from them. It would also mean that you would need to follow better oral care and avoid snacking.
How Does Invisalign Treatment Work?
The Invisalign treatment starts by first making an appointment for seeing the dentist. During the visit, the dentist would assess your smile and determine if Invisalign treatment is appropriate for you or not. Once the dentist agrees that Invisalign is the right treatment for you and explains the process to you, you get to decide if you want to proceed with the treatment.
The dentist would work with a dental team to take 3D digital impressions of your teeth. These impressions would help create images which would be sent to the laboratory. A precise set of aligner trays would be made at the laboratory. These aligner trays will guide your teeth to enhance your smile.
Keep in mind that the number of trays that you will need depends on just how severe the misalignment might be. You will return to the dentist once the trays have been made and the dentist will explain the entire process to you to enhance your smile. You will begin by using the first tray and snapping it over your natural teeth. Generally, each tray has to be worn for about two weeks before you proceed with the next tray. Once you have worn all the trays, you will achieve that beautiful Hollywood smile. During this period, you will need to visit the dentist to see if the aligner trays are working as required.