Where does all the dust in your house come from? Do you find the need for more dusting up not long after you’re done cleaning up your house top to bottom? Well, don’t despair. Getting rid of dust can feel like you’re fighting a losing war. This concern is shared by numerous home owners across the globe. Dust can emanate from some obvious routes and also from some rather non-obvious routes. This article is aimed at highlighting and clearly bringing out the sources of dust that plague your house, and the possible remedies.
Sources Of Dust In Your Home
Dust collectively comprises a wide aggregate of micro particles that will range from skin particles, lint, hair and a good measure of fine sand. There’s hardly any definitive guide that clearly spells out how to produce less dust in your home. More often than not, the dust problem is as a result of ineffective dust management practices. Dusting is fine, sure thing; but that’s if you don’t mind doing it all the time. Below are some ways in which dust may find its way into your house;
1. Leaking Ducts
Domestic grade air duct systems carry out air conditioning in the living spaces in a house. If the said ducts have leaks in places such as the basement, attic or other areas less used, volumes of dust laden air are sucked. The air is then circulated to rooms in the house delivering tons of dust.
Leaking ducts are a major energy savings concern. You might experience some difficulty in cooling or heating rooms in your house which is often accompanied with insanely bloated heating and cooling bills in extreme conditions. Dusting up while ignoring the bigger issue that is leaking ducts has been compared to mopping up water from a leaking boat. Pointless is the key word.
The solution to leaking air ducts is to contact a professional heating and cooling company. The contractors then proceed to make pressure tests on your home air ducts and sealing the leaks where necessary. This goes a long way in saving you hefty power bills and a dusty house.
2. Air Filters
Cheap or rather low quality air filters are ineffective at catching smaller particulate matter such as dust. In this regard, MERV ratings determine the efficiency at which small particles will be trapped. The lower the MERV rating, the higher the chances that dusting will be a routine occurrence. Higher MERV ratings translate to higher efficiency at trapping small particulate matter.
The most confusing aspect to the whole air filter business is; most people tend to assume that filters that rarely ever need changing are the most efficient. The truth is that the inverse is true. Consistently clean air filters are clear pointers that non dust is being filtered and trapped. This might explain why your house is always dusty.
The solution to dust accumulation thanks to low quality air filters is to have a professional replace your old low efficiency air filter with high MERV or HEPA rated air filters.
3. Vacuum Cleaners
Vacuum cleaners have traditionally been used to get rid of dust from floors and carpets. Newly surfaced information however suggests that vacuum cleaner might not actually be the good guy in this whole dust business. A group of Australian researchers established that most vacuum cleaners release dust, allergens and bacteria back into the air. This increases the incidences of allergies and respiratory infections. This certainly paints a bad image for vacuum cleaners. The real problem however, is in the dust collection and filters. Most vacuum cleaner filters are poor quality and contribute largely to the dust menace.
The remedy is getting a HEPA filter rated vacuum cleaner. HEPA filters aren’t as flawless as they are portrayed in the context of vacuum cleaners. Nonetheless, they perform a great deal of service minimizing allergen emission. They are certainly better than conventional average filters.
4. Children and Pets
Pets and children are cherished additions to any home. However, these two make an enormous contribution to the dust problem in any household. For starters, pet fir is known to harbor copious amounts of dust and dirt. If you allow your pet indoors as most people do, this dust will eventually be deposited on surfaces around the house. Children are notorious dirt handlers. They play outside and pick up large amounts of dirt dust and everything in between. Your guess is as good as mine pertaining where the dirt ends up.
There are various ways to prevent dust transfer from pets and children. As often as possible, give your pets a bath before allowing them indoors. This gets rid of all the dust dirt and dust mites. Well with children, that’s a different tale. Teaching them to remove dirty shoes before getting into the house will help a great deal; eventually.
5. Carpets, Rags and Other Tapestries
Carpets and rags harbor an enormous volume of dust and dust mites. The act of brushing up carpets and other tapestries re-suspends dust particles trapped in the fibers. Dust builds up in fabrics around the house raising the risk of allergic reactions and respiratory complications.
The only way to avoid dust build up around the house is replacing your carpet with flooring material such as cork, hardwood or plastic. Regarding rags it is recommended to use smaller rags that can are easy to wash.
If you want to know about home cleaning services online Click Here To View Website
Ultimate Lists of Highly reviewed Filters, Vacuum Cleaners
- Dirt cup capacity 2 liters; Cyclonic action and powerful suction provide thorough cleaning; Plus, no more bags to buy or change ever
- Easily go from cleaning carpets to hard floors with the flip of a switch. Power Rating : 9 amps
- DIRT cup filters and Post Motor filter help capture more Fine dust and particles. Filters are washable and reusable
- Powerful vacuum cleaner: The dynamic motor and brushroll can lift stubborn and heavy debris. Plus, the 12. 6” wide nozzle cleans more with a quickness.
- 10 lbs. lightweight upright vacuum: The EurekaPowerSpeed is pretty lightweight and easy to maneuver. Designed for whole home clean.
- 5 height adjustment: It works well on carpets, shag rug, hard floors etc. Smooth wheels ensures hardwood floors won’t sustain scratches or gouges.
- Fast and easy cleaning in a lightweight vacuum with powerful suction and innovative brush design that cleans more on the initial pass
- Innovative brush design rotates down into the carpet to clean more on the initial pass
- Cyclonic System for long lasting, powerful suction. Bag Type : Bagless
- "Best robot vacuums of 2019" by tom's guide.
- All-New RoboVac: Re-engineered to be the slimmest* RoboVac (2. 85'') but with quiet operation and increased suction power at 1300Pa.
- BoostIQ Technology: Automatically increases suction power within 1. 5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed to get the best clean.
- Lift Away Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas
- Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology , a HEPA filter Traps 999 percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum The full unit weighs only 12.5 pounds,The canister alone is 7.5 pounds
- Swivel Steering Excellent control for maneuvering around furniture Dust Cup Capacity: 12 dry quarts
- The first-ever Bluetooth-enabled HVAC air filters for your home. Track the life of your filter based on air flow and usage - not just time. So you never have to worry about changing your filter too...
- Filtrete Smart Air filters detect changes in air pressure and use a proprietary 3M algorithm to calculate filter life by balancing optimal air flow for your system and particle capture efficiency for...
- Enabled with Amazon Dash Replacement to make filter replacement easy. Sign up and save 15% on all Dash Replenishment automatic reorders.
- 20 x 20 x 1 air filter for ac hvac and furnace. 20x20x1 (19.75 x 19.75) furnace filters/ air filters - afb silver merv 8 (4 pack)
- Afb silver: an advanced filter that offers increased filtration of dust mites and other allergens
- Removes lint & dust, dust mite debris, pollen and mold spores
- Enhanced HVAC Effectiveness – Crafted to help improve your home’s ventilation efficiency, proper air flow can help reduce air flow resistance for less HVAC stress.
- Cleaner, Healthier Air – These air conditioner filters help purify the air of dust, pollen and allergens, which can help reduce allergy sufferers itchy eyes and sneezing.
- Premium Craftsmanship – Each HVAC air filter is crafted with four layers of high-grade aluminum and two layers of electrostatic media for superior reliability.
- Metal media retainers on both sides for maximum strength
- Keeps equipment clean for efficient operation
- Change filters monthly for peak energy efficiency
- Outperforms fiberglass, washable and non electrostatic 3 month pleated 1 inches air filters for your furnace, air conditioner, or HVAC system
- Exclusive Filtrate Brand 3 in 1 technology from 3M traps unwanted air particles, while letting cleaner air flow through
- Attracts and captures large particles such as lint, household dust, dust mite debris and mold spores
- Every purchase saves pets
- One Pass Technology With Powerful Suction And Innovative Brush Design To Clean On The Initial Pass (Removes Most Surface Debris Based On Visual Test Btp0221)
- Powerful, Multi Cyclonic Suction System For Lasting Suction That Captures And Keeps Dirt In The Bin, Where It Belongs
- Ultra lightweight At under 8 pounds, it converts into a hand vac for versatile floor to ceiling cleaning
- Home & Car Detail Kit Micro tools that clean the tiniest of spaces
- Fingertip controls to easily switch from hard floor to carpet
Last update on 2019-12-12 at 00:49 PST - Details
Dust build up is inevitable in any household. The need to dust up will always be present. The level of dust accumulation can be controlled by following the simple guidelines outlined above. Fighting dust shouldn’t feel like a losing battle. The main ways to avoid excess dust accumulation is via filtration and prevention. Prevention means not letting the dust into the house in the first place. Filtration removes the existing dust from the air in your home.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this article as much as I did writing it. Feel free to share your comments, thoughts and suggestions in the comments section provided.