Paint is what goes on the exterior of an object, and that is what will be seen by other people. Thus, it’s only obvious that it should be appealing. Make sure you get optimal painting results by using the best airless paint sprayer for a seamless outer coat.
Our Top 5 Picks
Last update on 2020-11-27 at 01:37 PST - Details
Airless Paint Sprayers for a More Seamless Finish
An airless paint sprayer makes painting easier, quicker, and cleaner. The sprayer gets the paint from the can through a tube and expels it at a high pressure. This gives a lot of coverage over a wide surface area quickly.
Airless paint sprayers are better paint alternatives to manual painting tools like brushes or rollers. This is because they let you apply paint more evenly at a faster rate, and the texture ends up being smooth.
However, there is also a risk of overspray when it comes to airless paint sprayers. This is when a lot of your paint ends up on things you weren’t actually aiming for. It’s a bit wasteful and messy.
What a good airless paint sprayer must have
- The features you need to look out for are hose length, tip size, paint type, maximum pressure, and portability. Most sprayers come with a cart, some are less bulky and have a top handle for you to carry around.
Normally, those who use airless paint sprayers want to use it because it can cover large areas quickly, like house exteriors or walls. Now, you would typically want one that’s easy to move around, plus a long hose to reach as far as you can.
Paint sprayers normally come with hoses but the maximum hose length they can handle is usually double that length. If you find that you need a longer hose for your sprayer, you can buy one separately.
Tip size is also important as the needed size varies according to the job you need to do. Some tips can be used for thicker paint, too. Tips can wear out so you’ll have to replace them later on. Some sprayers have reversible tips to remove clogs from the sprayer easily.
Usually, the paint you must use is thinned paint, however, a lot of sprayers can now accommodate unthinned paint too. This saves you time and money spent to thin your paint before using.
Pressure is also related to the kind of paint that you use. The pressure depends on what kind of paint you’re using, and usually, this is adjustable. Higher pressure doesn’t necessarily mean better for some types of paint.
Too little pressure can result in the uneven paint; this can result to gaps in the paint application. Too much pressure, on the other hand, can result in overspray and can cause unnecessary strain on your sprayer.
Paint Sprayer Tips and Tricks
It’s not really that hard to use a paint sprayer, especially when they come with manuals. However, for first-timers, it can still be daunting to use a whole new gadget. Here are some tips for when you paint with an airless paint sprayer:
- Wear protective clothing. It should go without saying that you must wear clothes that you don’t mind getting stained. However, with paint sprayers, you need an extra level of protection.
- Wear goggles and gloves to protect your eyes and hands from any overspray. Wear long-sleeved shirts and pants to cover your skin.
- If you’re painting a specific object rather than a wall or a fence, make sure you have a designated painting spot. You wouldn’t want to get paint on things that shouldn’t be painted on!
- Practice before painting the real thing. This is important especially if it’s your first time handling an airless paint sprayer.
- Do not hold the sprayer too close or too far as it might create unevenness. The recommended distance is around a foot away from the surface.
- Clean your paint sprayer after using them. If you leave them uncleaned after your paint job, the paint might dry up and cause damage to your paint sprayer.
Using a paint sprayer need not be a Herculean task. If you don’t get it right the first time, that’s fine. It just takes a while to get used to. Once you’ve gotten the hang of it, you’ll be painting everything in sight in no time!
Convenience vs. Cost
It’s obvious that an airless spray painter will make your life easier when it comes to painting. Sometimes it can feel like a chore but with an airless spray painter, it’ll be a breeze. It’s definitely an upgrade from manual painting with brushes or rollers.
However, they’re also a bit pricier so be prepared to shell out some money. It’s the price you pay for convenience, after all. However, it’ll also save you money in the long run because you’ll be doing it by yourself instead of paying a professional.
The Titan ControlMax 1700 Pro is a decently-priced airless paint sprayer that’s also guaranteed to be of high quality. The High-Efficiency Airless technology claims to reduce the overspray by up to 55%, meaning you’re wasting much less paint.
The sprayer can also handle unthinned paint so you’re not going to waste time thinning your paint before using it. Furthermore, it’s also covered by warranty so there’s no need to worry about accidentally wasting money on a broken product.
Of course, it’s important to be sure of what kind of paint sprayer you’ll use. There are other sprayers optimized for different tasks so you should check them out as well before deciding. This this Shower Squeegee.
Remember that the exterior paint job can make or break an object’s appearance especially when you’re working on larger surface areas. That’s why the best airless paint sprayer is a product worth investing in.