Cleaning all components of your home’s heating and cooling system is called air duct cleaning. It is recommended to clean not only the air duct but the whole HAVC system. If you avoid cleaning all components of the HAVC system, then it will lead to havoc in the entire system. In this article, we will enlighten you about duct cleaning.
Home needs air duct cleaning services.
The ductwork is frequently run through the walls and attic by HVAC contractors and workers, making it difficult to detect problems. Apart from dust flowing out of the ventilation components, there are a few more signs that you require for air duct cleaning Asheville right now.
Energy bills have skyrocketed.
To begin with, an unusually high monthly energy utility bill may indicate that you require air duct cleaning. The presence of undesirable junk in the system may result in increased unit usage or mechanical issues, both of which will impact your electric cost.
Clogs and leaks may wreak havoc on your ductwork, making it less effective in controlling your indoor air quality. In such cases, it’s best to contact a reputable specialist who can thoroughly inspect the ductwork, clean it, and seal any leaks to prevent further problems.
Infestation with rodents and pests.
It is a sign that you should get a professional to clean your air ducts. If there appears to be an unpleasant odour of droppings or urine originating from the system’s duct network, you may have a rodent or bug infestation within the ductwork.
A rodent infestation can lead the fibre duct to become saturated with urine, faeces, and other harmful substances. The odour of such toxins has now become unpleasant over time, resulting in poor indoor air quality.
Aside from that, this saturation in the duct system could cause damage to HVAC components, lowering energy efficiency and making it difficult to maintain the ideal interior air quality. Furthermore, the droppings may cause illnesses when combined with bug husks and shells.
Things to look for in a firm that cleans air ducts?
With the many complexities of air duct cleaning, homeowners should know what to look for in a NADCA-certified air duct cleaning technician. Here are a few pointers to help them get started:
- To begin, avoid duct cleaners that claim to be EPA-certified. According to the agency, the agency does not develop duct cleaning standards, nor does it promote, sanction, or approve any air duct cleaning.
- Contractors that make unproven claims about duct cleaning’s health advantages should avoid, particularly those who propose that You should include air duct cleaning in routine HVAC maintenance.
- Homeowners should look for HVAC contractors who will not clean with chemical substances. In this regard, you should not accept their use unless you thoroughly understand their benefits and drawbacks.
- You might also look into reading online reviews of different air duct cleaning companies. If you decide to use this method to choose a contractor, seek one who has a track record of providing excellent customer service.
- After you’ve narrowed down your choices, check with organizations like the Better Business Bureau to see if there have been any complaints about the company’s quality of service.
Even though the above information can assist homeowners in understanding how air duct cleaning works, it is not a chore that the average homeowner should attempt. Ensure that your home always has fresh air and get the most out of your HVAC system.