So, you are looking to know how to clean the RO filter to assess clean and germ-free drinking water, right?
Well, that’s the reason, you’re probably here!
There’s no denying the fact that getting clean water could be potentially daunting as you are not going to get from your tap! And it couldn’t be wrong to say that tap water in the county is not clean as it’s coming from rivers and lakes full of dirt.
That’s the reason, people prefer RO filters!!
Although choosing the best RO filter is an ideal choice, you must consider cleaning them often!
As a matter of fact, “If the TDS level of water is high, then you need to clean it more often”.
But before heading to the ways to clean the RO filter, you must know how often you should clean your appliance!
What is the Ideal Time to Clean Filters?
No matter how much good quality your appliance is, make sure you clean the filters of your RO every 6 months. But simultaneously, make sure you consider a professional. However, you can only do it if you have prior experience.
Since TDS may cause a bad smell, you cannot just overlook the important aspect, i.e. cleaning. And if you find out the water started tasting awful, you need to clean the best water purifier as soon as possible.
And at the same time, you must not forget to keep an eye on the amount of contamination in the water.
Well, as discussed above, you should always clean the filters once in 6 months.
How to Clean the Filters?
We can easily say that the filters are the heart of water purifiers. They need lots of care and maintenance at every point in time. The actual condition of the filter states the RO system is working properly or not. If you somewhere you feel that water taste seems indifferent and the membranes of filters are worn out that indicates that you need to clean your RO system.
This guide will help you to know the tips that may let you clean your filters without any hassle!
Here are the important steps to how to clean the filters?
- Cut off the water supply of water tank.
- Make sure you empty the whole tank.
- Take some time to free the system and then remove all the filter housings.
- Make sure you remove Reverse osmosis membrane and change the filter housings.
- Mix all the chemicals prescribed by the manufacturer just to clean the reverse osmosis. Pour it and run it solution till an hour.
- You need to clean the present chemical with the soft water.
- You can also wash filter housings with a soap solution and rinse it off.
- If RO rings are damaged, then you need to change the ring even some can be dried up then they can be cured of water-based lubricants.
- Even the pre-filters can be used removing specks of dirt.
- Putt on the filter back and start all the connections.
- Now you can open the valve to fill the water inside.
- Let refill all the tank first and make it drain again.
Additional Components You Need to Clean
Pure and clean water to get in these days will be quite difficult. Even the tap water you are drinking nowadays is not even that much safe. There would be different sorts of reasons that tap waters are no longer clean and safe. Even on Corona days here, it is always important to have fresh and safer water. If you are cleaning your RO purifier, it is always recommended that there are other components you need to clean as well.
- Sediment filter: This is basically found in the filer itself. It even corrects large amounts of impurities and prevents it from getting inside. This should also be cleaned.
- Activated Carbon Filter: 2 carbon filters are available in every RO purifier. This also needs to be taken care of.
- UF membrane: There are also other molecules that can easily enter into your RO purifier. So this UF membrane saves your drinking water from this.
- Reverse Osmosis Membrane: This is the most expensive part of the water purifiers, it basically saves your water from TDS and heavy metal. So, make sure you clean it every time.
So, these are the other components which also need your maintenance and cleansings.
Factors to Consider While Cleaning the RO Purifier
If you are looking to know how to clean your water purifier, make sure you take all the precautions while cleaning it. Let’s discuss the factors to consider.
- You need to read all the manuals given by the manufacturer, what types of chemicals you need to use for purifiers.
- Make sure you switched off the main switch before going further.
- And close the main valve which supplies the water in water purifier.
- Don't forget to empty the storage before going further cleansings.
- You need to fill the water tank 2 times at least so that you could drink that water.
Maybe you guys would understand that drinking safe and clean water is highly important nowadays. So, that is why we have given every minor detail related to cleaning the best water purifier. This guide will surely help you clean the RO water purifier at home.
You also need to monitor it every time so that you could change it on time. RO membrane can last only for 3 to 4 years. Always remember that you and your family's health only depend on the water you drink every day.
If you’ve got questions related to the cleaning of RO filter, comment on your views in the section below!
I'm so excited to tackle all my home improvement projects! From plumbing to DIY and cleaning - I'm ready to get down to work! #homerepair #homecleaning #plumbing #diy #fixerupper #realestate #renovation #interiordesign #farmhouse #diy #homedecor #hgtv #home #farmhousedecor #modernfarmhouse #farmhousestyle #fixerupperstyle #fixandflip #homerenovation #realestateinvesting #beforeandafter #homesweethome #remodel #realestateinvestor #interior #realtor #joannagaines #flippinghouses #countryliving #design #homedesign #farmhouseinspired #investmentproperty #bhghome #renovationproject #farmhousekitchen #homeimprovement #farmhouseliving #cottagestyle #decor #realestateagent #magnoliahome #homeinspo #magnoliamarket #kitchendesign #dreamhome #shiplap #construction #houseflipping #investor #farmhousedesign #architecture #farmhousechic #homereno #rusticdecor #reno #kitchenremodel #webuyhouses #magnoliatable #rentalproperty #fixerupperinspired #newhome #interiors #homeremodel