Today, most homes display treated wood with polyurethane and other sealing. However, those unfinished wood faces a huge dilemma, especially in properly maintaining its cleanliness.
So, are you planning to treat or finish them with sealing agents in the future? Or perhaps have you just took away an old carpet and discovered them underneath an old mat? Do you just like the way your untreated wood look? Whichever you prefer, knowing how to clean unfinished wood can save you from repairs later on so learning to clean is very important.
I. Distinguishing an Unfinished Wood
Do you know if you have an untreated wood? The first thing you should consider before beginning to look into effective methods to clean your wood is to determine if you have a treated or unfinished wood. You need to find out if it just has a matte finish or a dull coating on it. You can test this out by dropping a few drops of water on the wood. You need to observe what happens next.
If they drip off of the wood, then the chances are high that you have a finished wood. However, if they stay or soak into it, then you can see for yourself that you have an unfinished wood that needs a unique cleaning method. While this test may not be as reliable, many people believe that this is effective.
Read Also: Hid headlights conversion kits
II. What Do You Need to Do if You Have an Untreated Wood?
Now that you’ve discovered if your wood has a coating or not, we can move on to its cleaning methods. Are you looking for a cleaning process that does not involve spending too much cash? Do you want to preserve the beauty of your wood?
If your answer is yes, but you don't have the materials to treat your wood, you don't have to worry as there are several companies and websites that provide resources and tools such as theedgecutter.com. The Edge Cutter aims to reach more people and lend a helping hand when it comes to woodworking.
There are a lot of things that experts recommend to clean a finished or treated wood. However, you need to be more careful when it comes to untreated timber. On the other hand, you may consider some steps to get your wood properly clean without causing any harm or damage.
Considering Local Resources for Affordable Solutions: If you're on a budget and looking to clean unfinished wood, you can explore local resources and options, especially if you're in a specific area like Brisbane. For instance, if you're looking for cleaning solutions or tools to maintain your unfinished wood furniture, you might find affordable options at local hardware stores or furniture shops that specialize in office furniture Brisbane.
1. Dusting Your Wood Regularly
When you dust off your furniture on a day-to-day basis, you are keeping the exterior of your wood clean without inflicting harm on it. Without dusting it, debris and other small particles may lodge on it over time. When you leave it unclean, it will become harder to remove. Thus, here are some methods you may use to dust and eliminate grime in your unfinished wood:
1. A soft cloth or a feather duster to get rid of the dust and dirt. The most important thing you have to keep in mind when cleaning services naperville unfinished wood is to be gentle. Exerting too much force and using a brush with hard bristles may cause damage to the wood instead of cleaning it. Therefore, consider using a soft brush to brush away the debris trapped on the wood. Gently wiping the wood with a microfiber cloth is also a method that you should keep in mind to ensure that you pick up the dust that wasn't ingrained deeply.
2. Also, you may choose to utilize a vacuum cleaner with a built-in brush. If the dirt has been lingering on the gaps for a long time, using a microfiber cloth may not be adequate to clean the wood. A vacuum cleaner with a stiff built-in brush is the most effective equipment when the surface of the unfinished wood has dirt and other debris that are deeply ingrained because it traps dust before it spreads. Plus, you may use a toothbrush with soft bristle to clean the dust and dirt trapped in the gaps.
3. Clean with adhesive rubber. Natural rubber is often used to clean unfinished wood because it's sticky and pliable, which means that it can be formed in different sizes to fit the area where you will use it. To use this, simply knead the rubber to the surface of the wood until it becomes darker, indicating that it's attracting dirt. You may also do this technique when cleaning hard-to-reach areas.
2. Using a Soapy Solution
Sometimes you can’t stop stain from developing such as when a syrup drops into your wooden chair. And over time, it hardens. You may use a squirt of mild soap mixed in a bucket of lukewarm water to clean your unfinished wood. Next, you need to immerse a sponge or cloth in the soapy solution. What you have to do next is to wipe the affected part with the damped cloth or sponge. Rinse it with a clean cloth soaked with lukewarm water. Then, dry it with a soft cloth. Keep it as dry as you can when you apply this method so you can prevent any damage. If it is too hard to clean, you may utilize a soft-bristled toothbrush to scrub the goop off.
3. Making a DIY Wood Cleaning Agent
When you have to eradicate grime, fingerprints, and other dirt on an unfinished wood, white vinegar is the answer. You need to combine a tablespoon of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Then, spray the solution on the affected part. Next, you need to wipe it away with a damped soft cloth. To dry it off, you need to have a clean cloth to remove the moisture away. For a heavier cleaning process, you may use a stronger vinegar solution such as a 50/50 vinegar.
Untreated wood furniture behaves somewhat like a fresh unused wood. It is very absorbent and porous. Hence, harsh chemicals and strong cleansers may cause harm to the timber. And to some extent, it may permanently leave unwanted marks and cracks. Plus, they may discolor and stain the unfinished wood as it absorbs the liquid. So, what you need is a more natural approach to cleaning the wood. Not only that it is a wood-friendly solution, but it is also very affordable and safe to use. However, if you need help with financing, look into an online title loan.
I'm so excited to tackle all my home improvement projects! From plumbing to DIY and cleaning - I'm ready to get down to work! #homerepair #homecleaning #plumbing #diy #fixerupper #realestate #renovation #interiordesign #farmhouse #diy #homedecor #hgtv #home #farmhousedecor #modernfarmhouse #farmhousestyle #fixerupperstyle #fixandflip #homerenovation #realestateinvesting #beforeandafter #homesweethome #remodel #realestateinvestor #interior #realtor #joannagaines #flippinghouses #countryliving #design #homedesign #farmhouseinspired #investmentproperty #bhghome #renovationproject #farmhousekitchen #homeimprovement #farmhouseliving #cottagestyle #decor #realestateagent #magnoliahome #homeinspo #magnoliamarket #kitchendesign #dreamhome #shiplap #construction #houseflipping #investor #farmhousedesign #architecture #farmhousechic #homereno #rusticdecor #reno #kitchenremodel #webuyhouses #magnoliatable #rentalproperty #fixerupperinspired #newhome #interiors #homeremodel