It’s no wonder that edible seeds of flax plants have gained the status of superfood. Some call it the most powerful plant food on the planet, while others use these seeds to reduce the risk of diabetes, stroke, heart disease, and cancer.
These tiny bundles of nutrients provide amazing benefits and are a wonderful addition to the breakfast. However, in order to take the best advantages of flax seeds, you need to eat them the ‘right’ way.
Before we discuss some great ways to add flaxseed to your diet, let’s first talk about the health benefits of flaxseeds. So, let’s get started!
Flaxseed For Breakfast
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, many people start their day by skipping breakfast and opt for snacks during the day. Besides, some people skip breakfast to losing weight. But it isn’t recommended.
A good breakfast is the best way to ensure that you eat healthier while losing weight. If you take breakfast on time, it will help keep you feel fuller for a long time. This way, it reduces the need for snacking on sugary foods.
Flaxseed meal is high in protein and fiber content; thus, they are an ideal addition to your table. some of the benefits of adding flaxseed to your diet are-
- They are full of Omega 3 fatty acids that improve blood circulation and have anti-inflammatory effects. These fats help fight osteoporosis and reduce the risk of bone fractures.
- Flaxseeds are rich in proteins and fiber. Two tablespoons of flaxseeds contain 4-5 grams of plant proteins, 6 grams fiber, and several other nutrients, including magnesium, manganese, copper, and phosphorus.
- They are high in antioxidants, which protect against cancer and heart disease. This means they are effective at preventing premature aging or neurodegenerative diseases.
- Flaxseed fiber aids digestion, improves gut health and promotes bowel regularity.
- Flaxseeds are also helpful for reducing weight loss. They have a gel-like consistency that makes you feel fuller for longer.
Now that you know the health benefits of flaxseeds, the question is how to get the full benefits of flaxseeds. So, below are the best ways to add flaxseeds to your diet-
Use Flaxseed In Baking
You can swap several ingredients for a flaxseed meal. Some of the best substitutes are, replacing a cup of flour with flaxseed meal, swapping a tablespoon of oil or butter with three tablespoons of flaxseed meal, etc.
Breakfast Muffins or Smoothies
Muffins and smoothies are a great way to start your day with a sweet treat. Chocolate muffins made from flaxseed, cocoa, and berries make a tasty, healthy breakfast. This is something the entire family can enjoy.
While it is a part of continental breakfast, more and more people today start their day with fruits. It is an easy-to-make and healthy breakfast to start with. Prepare the salad at night, sprinkle some flaxseeds over it in the morning, and enjoy the nutritional benefits as you start your day.
Eggs are quite a popular choice for the breakfast table, as there are many ways to enjoy them. Try flaxseed meal with egg omelette. It is a great source of proteins, Omega 6, zinc, and Vitamin E. This tasty meal is a great way to start your day.
Porridge is another popular dish on the breakfast tables. It provides energy to the body and allows you to feel full until the lunchtime meal. You can add two spoonfuls of flaxseed meal to a bowl of porridge and make a perfect ‘wake me up’ breakfast.
Remember, if you experience any negative reaction to flaxseeds, it may be due to allergy. In this case, it is best to consult a physician or dietician. Aside from this, pregnant women and someone taking medication should also talk to the doctor before adding these seeds to their diet.