The appearance of spiders at your home can be a great inconvenience, especially if you fear these eight-legged insects.
Why remove spiders from your home?
In order for people to live more comfortably, they need to have control over their environment. This includes having control over the number and types of animals and insects around them. Spiders typically come into people's homes and yards because there is an abundance of food and shelter.
This often presents a problem for the homeowner, particularly if they have small children and pets. Fortunately, there are various methods which people can use to control the spider population around their homes. The first step is identifying what kinds of spiders are present and where they typically hide or enter buildings. This will allow them to take the appropriate steps for removing them.
Spiders can be a threat to your health. Pest control groups also claim that spiders pose a risk to people who suffer from asthma and allergies. In addition, their presence will increase the number of such individuals to contract respiratory diseases.
Some species of these arachnids spin large webs, blocking the way and preventing exits and entries in homes; others are known to leave their webs in the kitchen area. Pesticides will not solve this problem, as spiders are very good at hiding.
How to remove spiders from your property?
If you want to remove these insects from your home, here are five tips that could help:
- Keep your house clean. Spiders are attracted to dirty homes, as they seek dark places to build their nests and lay eggs. That's why you must have a clean home that's free from garbage, spider webs and other debris. Pest control agencies also claim that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so take care of your property and don't leave any spots where spiders could hide.
- Don't let water accumulate in your sink or tub because spiders will build their webs in such places when they get inside your home. Pest control companies also recommend cleaning the window sills and gutters several times a year, as these are the areas where spiders are most likely to build their nests. It would help if you also considered getting weather stripping for your doors, as this tiny addition could prevent insects from slipping inside your home.
- Maintain a healthy environment at home. Pest control experts recommend using pest repellents around the house, especially near windows and doors. Pesticides should be used only as a last resort, though, as their effect will not be long lasting. Pest control companies also claim that you should place natural spider repellents around your home to make it less attractive to these eight-legged insects.
- Pests can't bear citrus smells – they usually move away from areas where they smell lemon or orange peels. Pest control experts advise placing lemons, limes and oranges around potential spider hiding spots. Pests also hate basil, thyme and mint – these can be grown in pots that you can place at your home's entrance or near windows.
- Call pest control services if spiders are already at your house. Pest experts advise homeowners not to try and remove spiders on their own, as they might get bitten or cause more problems by doing so.
Pest control company Adelaide also claim that a professional pest remover will be able to cut the number of spiders in your house by half. Pesticides may or may not be used, depending on the situation and severity of the spider infestation.
In conclusion, you need to know how to remove spiders from your property if you want to avoid health issues as well as damage to your home. Pest control companies recommend following the tips above so you can have a spider-free house in no time.