How Do You Know If You Need A Plumber?
Plumbing issues usually arise unexpectedly and even in the worst times. However, handling such problems can be messy, complicated, and poses safety risks. That's why when you observe the warning signs listed below, you need to contact a plumber immediately. By doing so, you save time and effort doing it yourself, as well as money for costly repairs as a result of inexperienced plumbing.
Signs Your House Needs A Plumber
Serious Water Back-flow Issue
Your floor furnishings, like your carpets and expensive hardwoods, are priceless investments. So seeing a disgusting water back-flow arising from your bathroom tile or sink can make you feel frustrated. Chances are, the smell stinks, and you'll also have a hard time drying wet areas.
Don't allow the water back-flow to ruin all your floor furnishings, so you have to act quickly. This problem is usually caused by drops in water pressure, triggering the water to flow downward naturally. A plumber in Frisco should be contacted immediately to deal with this serious plumbing problem. The plumber will close the main water valve and fix the problem head-on.
Hard-to-Resolve Clogged Toilets
The toilet is one of the most used plumbing fixtures in a home. That's why a clogged toilet can definitely ruin your day. It's a messy situation that can affect indoor air quality. It’s something you don't want to handle, most especially if the clog is so serious. Clog or blockage can be caused by an object, like a toy or bulky tissue or napkin, accidentally flushed.
Many homeowners perform a do-it-yourself or DIY repair for clogged toilets. However, if you don't have the knowledge and experience, doing so will just aggravate the situation. Leaks and structural damage may pose health hazards due to improper plumbing repair. If your toilet is clogged, leaking, refusing to flush, or making strange noises, it's best to take advantage of Frisco plumbing services.
Can't Remember Last Plumbing Maintenance
Proper maintenance can help avoid plumbing issues, but it's usually overlooked in almost every household. Don't wait before another plumbing problem arises. Hire a professional plumber to assess your plumbing system. It should be done at least once a year.
Here's a sample plumbing maintenance checklist that experts use:
- Check Sinks: Each sink should drain properly and not slow draining. Otherwise, it indicates a blocked vent pipe or clogged drain. When bubbles are appearing when the water drains, it's also a sign of a plumbing problem.
- Check Tubs and Showers: Your tub and shower should also drain properly like your sink. Slow drainage could mean clogged or blocked plumbing fixtures.
- Inspect Washing Machine Hoses: Any cracks, leaking, or brittleness in your washing machine hose may cause failure. Because washing machine hoses are made of rubber, they lose resiliency over time and may burst. Expect that your plumber will also be checking your washing machine hose.
- Check Faucets: The plumber will check any leaks from the valves or handles with all of the faucets turned on. By doing so, you have a peace of mind that your plumbing system is in good shape without small leaks that can waste a lot of water and higher utility bills over time.
- Observe for Cracked Tiles: Loose, hollow, or cracked tiles is an indicative sign of water leak, causing rotting behind or underneath the tile. Your plumber will inspect these areas and fix the main source of the problem, like replacing parts or sealing holes or cracks in your water valves or pipeline.
- Check Water Heater: Once a year, make it a point to drain and clean your water heater to remove gunk or sediment buildup. The warning signs that your water heater has sediment buildup include rusty colored water, decreased amount of hot water, low water pressure, and clothes not as bright white as they usually look when coming out of the washing machine.
No Idea How to Fix It
Many people learn to plumb by experience, so they have an idea of how to deal with plumbing issues the second time the same problem happens. However, if you already exhausted all your knowledge and effort trying to resolve a plumbing problem and you're running out of ideas, it's a clear sign that you need professional help. Call a professional plumber right away.
You need to call a plumber if you're facing plumbing emergencies, like having a clogged toilet, clogged sink, or serious water back-flow. Also, mold and rot underneath tiles or cracks, leaks, and holes in your plumbing system should prompt you to hire professional plumbing services. Even minor issues may get worse and cost you more, so don't delay getting your plumbing problems fixed immediately.