What is Whey, how to get Whey?
Understand this, any dairy product has Whey. So whey is one of the main protein besides casein. You all have seen and might have tasted powder milk? I love the taste of powder milk! Anyway, when powder milk is made from dairy, solid becomes powder link, liquid become whey.
Book Part or All of Your Next Adventure
Helping people all over the world learn about travel. Book Your Vacation!
Whey protein is an excellent source of the precursors of glutathione, which is body's very powerful antioxidant. This ingenious antioxidant is a tripeptide found inside every single cell in your body. Any antioxidants are crucial for eliminating damaging free radicals from your body. So whey protein is very helpful for Mitochondrial Function and energy production. So taking whey protein after great exerciser makes a lots of great sense. Leucine is another great ingredient found in whey protein which is discussed below.
Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) — a healthy type of omega-6 fatty acid found primarily in grass-fed beef and dairy products — is one of the most popular weight loss supplements in the world and CLA is found in whey protein as well. Bu make sure you buy high quality whey protein for consumption.
Is Whey Protein Good for Body? Whey Protein side effects.
Some possible dangers being circulated on World Wide Web about dangers of using whey protein are not scientifically verified yet, Overall dangers, side effects of taking whey protein has same effects as taking diary. So if someone is allergic to dairy, it is very highly probable he/she can have same side effects as when taking milk, dairy, yogurt etc.
Very high doses of whey protein intake can cause:
- stomach pains
- reduced appetite
Many have seen that taking consistent high doses of whey protein causing acne. From a nutritional point of view, whey protein is very unusual and does not have a natural equivalent.
Types of whey protein:
Whey protein isolate: It is the quickest to digest type of whey where all carbohydrate are already removed hence making it suitable for many folks with lactose intolerance. Since most of the fat has been removed from this type of protein, lots of fat-soluble vitamins are also removed as the result. Whey protein isolate is the most processed form of whey protein that is harder on the digestive tract thus causing inflammation.
Whey protein concentrate (WPC): As its name suggests, the protein here is very concentrated compared to other types. WPC naturally has more nutrients compared to others because of the processing methods used to get this type of whey. One with good metabolism can intake this protein mixed with soy milk, after good exercise.
Whey protein hydrolysate: This process breaks down the little building blocks of proteins, known as peptides, and into an almost "pre-digested" state for quickest absorption (but whey on the whole digests pretty quickly). Because of processing methods, this whey may taste bitter.
Muscle building and weight loss
Whey protein supplementation along with resistance exercise can help improve muscle protein synthesis and promote the growth of lean tissue mass.
A study published in the International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism concluded that "whey protein supplementation during resistance training offers some benefit compared to resistance training alone." In addition, "males who supplemented with whey protein had a greater relative gain in lean tissue mass."
According to https://journals.humankinetics.com/doi/abs/10.1123/ijsnem.11.3.349
"Our purpose was to assess muscular adaptations during 6 weeks of resistance training in 36 males randomly assigned to supplementation with whey protein (W; 1.2 g/kg/day), whey protein and creatine monohydrate (WC; 0.1 g/kg/day), or placebo (P; 1.2 g/kg/day maltodextrin). Measures included lean tissue mass by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry, bench press and squat strength (1-repetition maximum), and knee extension/flexion peak torque.
Lean tissue mass increased to a greater extent with training in WC compared to the other groups, and in the W compared to the P group (p < .05). Bench press strength increased to a greater extent for WC compared to W and P (p < .05). Knee extension peak torque increased with training for WC and W (p < .05), but not for P.
All other measures increased to a similar extent across groups. Continued training without supplementation for an additional 6 weeks resulted in maintenance of strength and lean tissue mass in all groups.
- Packaging may vary - New look, with the same trusted quality
- Gold Standard 100% Whey Blend – 24 grams blended protein consisting of whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides to support lean muscle mass – they don't call it the Gold...
- Over 5 grams of BCAAS, AI help build lean and strong muscles with BCAAs
- ONLY ONE INGREDIENT: 100% Grass Fed Pure Whey Protein with zero additives. Naked Whey no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors and is GMO-Free, Growth Hormone Free, Soy Free and Gluten-Free.
- ALL NATURAL WHEY: Our Grass Fed Whey is sourced from small dairy farms in California to bring you a non-denatured whey packed full of essential amino acids, clean protein and glutathione.
- MAXIMUM NUTRITION: 25g of Protein, 2g of Sugar, 3g of Carbs, 120 Calories, and 5.9g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) per serving.
- WHEY PROTEIN POWDER – MuscleTech Premium Gold 100% Whey Protein is ultra-premium protein featuring whey protein isolate & peptides. Our whey protein isolate is micro-filtered to remove more lactose,...
- PROTEIN POWDER FOR MUSCLE GAIN – In one clinical study, the key ingredient in Premium Gold 100% Whey Protein Powder heled test subjects build 5.1 lbs of pure muscle
- ABSORBS FAST and DIGESTS EASILY – Whey peptides are an ultra-pure, rapidly absorbed and quickly digested whey protein powder that allows you to recover faster, build more lean muscle and get better...
- The cap colors on bottles may vary from the product image shown due to a new cap color transition that is currently in process
- Vitamin C and zinc provides immune support along with vitamin E
- 100% Whey protein isolate - A high-quality protein source providing 25 grams per serving to support muscle building and recovery
- RIDICULOUSLY DELICIOUS : BSN broke through the whey protein flavor barrier once and for all with the introduction of SYNTHA-6
- 22G PROTEIN MATRIX : consisting of whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, milk protein isolate, and egg albumin
- 2-3G SUGAR : while the taste is mind blowing, Syntha-6 contains 2-3g of sugar per serving depending on flavor
- LEVELS WHEY PROTEIN: Each scoop of Levels Unflavored Whey contains 25g Protein, 5.6g BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids), and no added sugars. Trusted by athletes, fitness enthusiasts and daily...
- NOTHING FAKE: Levels Whey is naturally delicious. That means no hormones, no GMOs, no added sugars, no soy, no gluten, no bleach, no fillers, and no artificial flavors or sweeteners.
- SIMPLE & CLEAN: No fake flavors or sweeteners here. Levels Unflavored Whey contains only 100% whey protein powder.
- University-studies formulated: MusclePharm combat protein powder was created for athletes who demand optimized recovery, muscle growth, and support strength.
- Award-winning taste: Our essential whey protein powder mixes easily and goes great with almond milk, water, milk, fruits, and vegetables. It’s perfect for great-tasting smoothies and shakes
- 5 Protein sources: our isolate Whey powder contains 25 g of protein from 5 unique protein sources. They include Both fast- and slow-digesting proteins, fueling muscles and delivering performance for...
- Packaging May Vary - New look, with the same trusted quality
- GOLD STANDARD 100% WHEY BLEND – 24g blended protein consisting of whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides to support lean muscle mass – they don't call it the GOLD...
- OVER 5G OF BCAAS – help build lean and strong muscles with naturally occurring BCAAs
Last update on 2022-07-06 at 12:15 PST - Details
Males that supplemented with whey protein while resistance training demonstrated greater improvement in knee extension peak torque and lean tissue mass than males engaged in training alone. Males that supplemented with a combination of whey protein and creatine had greater increases in lean tissue mass and bench press than those who supplemented with only whey protein or placebo.
However, not all strength measures were improved with supplementation, since subjects who supplemented with creatine and/or whey protein had similar increases in squat strength and knee flexion peak torque compared to subjects who received placebo. Key Words: strength, ergogenic aids, exercise, dual energy x-ray absorptiometry"
Benefits of whey protein:
All benefits pointed below are taken from world renowned medical journals, anticancer research documents, British journal of nutrition, ncbi and more.
Lowering cholesterol: A study, published in The British Journal of Nutrition, gave whey supplements to 70 overweight men and women for 12 weeks and measured a number of parameters, such as lipid and insulin levels. They found very significant decrease in total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol at week 12 in the whey group compared with the casein group.
Asthma: Whey protein can improve the immune response in children with asthma. One small study involving 11 children, published in the International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition, found that children with asthma who were supplemented with 10 gram whey protein twice daily for 1 month had an improved immune response.
Aiding weight loss: In one study of 158 people, published in Nutrition & Metabolism Paper, those who were given whey "lost significantly more body fat and showed a greater preservation of lean muscle compared to subjects consuming the control beverage.
Reducing weight loss in people with AIDS: It is clearly mentioned here http://immunogsh.merxmotion.com/images/aArticle_03.pdf which is a study published in 1992 and revised in 1993.
Muscle mass naturally declines with aging which generally leads to fat gain and raises the risk of many chronic diseases. For muscle growth, whey protein has been shown to be slightly better compared to other types of protein, such as casein or soy since it has good amount of Leucine which is growth-promoting (anabolic) of the amino acids.
Whey Protein can help weight loss
Yes! Because eating plenty amount of protein suppresses hunger. Besides this, it helps boost metabolism and help burn more calories, and as mentioned above, whet protein helps promote muscle growth, maintain muscle mass when one suffers weight loss.
Our Selected Best Whey Protein
Last update on 2022-07-06 at 12:15 PST - Details
We have partnered with many job search portals, so you can find millions of jobs (IT jobs, Nursing, Engineering, Doctor, Handyman, Contractors) from our website and apply free. Just change keyword and city of your choice and hit search.