Looking for a best electric bike for kids? You’re in luck! We’ve done the research and you can find out all about it. Here is a list of best bikes including mountain, city/recreational, and balance bikes with pros and cons to boot. Whether you live in North America or Europe, this article has what you need to know on availability as well as legality regarding these types of bicycles.
E-bikes or Electric Bike For Kids are not easy to find, especially for kids and youth but that’s all the more reason why we compiled a list of them. We will discuss the top mountain bikes, with their pros and cons are regardless of which part of the globe you are in.
We have taken your kids’ biking to the next level by finding out what is needed for a new pedal. We found something that will entice all age groups looking to get into the Electric Bike For Kids scene and it has LCD screens, dual action brakes etc.
The needs for children who ride them though, differ from those of adults! To explore this topic in more detail, let’s talk about the different types available for purchase today – somewhere between 80-100% pedal power assisted which is perfect for beginners but also good enough when you factor in the speed it takes them to catch up with their friends on traditional bicycles; 250 watts which offers an electric boost that does not require pedaling at all; 500 watts like those used by heavier riders or parents transporting multiple children.
Why Are E-Bikes [Electric Bike For Kids] Good for Kids?
Riding an e-bike makes sense for kids because they can keep up with bigger and stronger bicyclists, making cycling fun for the entire family. Additionally, e-biking will help them stay healthy by providing a physical activity that is easy on their joints and less stressful than running.
Here are 5 of the best Electric Bike For Kids under $1000!
Hiboy BK1 Electric Bike for Kids Ages 3-5 Years
Designed for Little Kids. Reliable Electric Bike.
Best kids’ electric bike that you can trust. The BK1 electric bike equipped with the anti-slip handles and foot pedal, preventing kids from sliding from the bike while riding it.
Flexible handlebar allow the kids to control the e-bike handily.
With the 100W motor, the kids can enjoy the excitement of power-assisted speed.
The long range battery supports the kids electric bike to achieve 30-50 minutes running time.
E-brake to control the rear motor wheel and brake level to control the front wheel, the bike will stop in second when kids press the brake.
- Kids Electric Bike
- 24V 100W Motor
- 9 MPH Max Speed
- 6.2Miles Long Range Battery
- 30-50 Minutes Running Time
- Adjustable Seat Height
- 12 inch Air-filled Tires
- Double Braking System
- Slide Start Design
- Your kids’ first electric bike! Our BK1 electric balance bike is designed for kids, boys & girls ages 3-5 who have the ability to ride a little bike. Kids will be proud of owning their own bikes....
- Comfort to Ride! Our kids electric bike features an adjustable seat with a height from 13.4 inches to 16.5 inches, thus the suitable height can be set for kids according to their age and height. 12...
- Easy to Operate! This ride-on bike features a simple start button, slide a short distance to start the bike. The flexible handlebar allows the kids to control the bike on their own. The two anti-slip...
Last update on 2022-05-24 at 23:43 PST - Details
Eclypse Astra 16” Electric Balance Dirt Bike for Kids
The Astra is not just any kids toy, it’s an electric balance bike – Electric Bike For Kids, that includes a throttle.
TOUGH, YET LIGHTWEIGHT – powerful 18v brushless motor provides battery-free coasting and self-propulsion.
RIDE ANYWHERE – 16″ composite wheels
LONG RIDE TIME – The interchangeable 18v 4Ah lithium-ion battery pack delivers up to 45-70 minutes of runtime depending on the speed setting and terrain.
- LEARN TO RIDE - The Eclypse Astra will encourage kids to get outside and ride more often with ease and fun. For children, the electric balance bike is the perfect introduction to pedal bikes and...
- TOUGH, YET LIGHTWEIGHT - The lightweight, sturdy steel frame and fork allows kids to maneuver it easily. A powerful 18v brushless motor provides battery-free coasting and self-propulsion. A covered...
- RIDE ANYWHERE - 16" composite wheels keep the weight down and make the bike more durable, while pneumatic tires provide excellent traction in all conditions, comfort over small bumps, and endless...
Last update on 2022-05-24 at 23:43 PST - Details
Swagtron EB-6 Bandit E-Bike 350W Motor EBIKE
Choose between pedaling manually or use the electric motor
High-volume 4-inch tires mounted to 20-inch rims
7-Speed Gears: shift between seven gears to help you conquer a variety of terrain
Dual Disc Brakes: the EB-6 features a MF-TZ21 free hub so you can coast smoothly
Battery: 36V 7.8 Ah li-ion
Charging Time: 4-5 hours
Mile Range: 20 mi / 32 km (varies with individual use)
Max. Speed: 18.6 MPH / 30 km/h (throttle only)
This is our third in list for best Electric Bike For Kids.
- E-Powered: choose between pedaling manually or use the electric motor for a little extra boost on this kids’ electric fat-tire mountain bike
- Fat Tires: High-volume 4-inch tires mounted to 20-inch rims allow younger riders to experience the maximum traction and smooth ride of a real fat bike for kids
- 7-Speed Gears: shift between seven gears to help you conquer a variety of terrain on this mountain e-bike with durable 6061-series aluminum frame built to last
Last update on 2022-05-25 at 03:43 PST - Details
Jetson Bolt Adult Folding Electric Ride On
Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Max Range 15 Miles
easily take it up and down stairs, slide it under your desk
250-Watt Motor: Zip around town in style with the Bolt’s powerful yet quiet motor.
Built-In Carrying Handle
- Take charge: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Max Range 15 Miles: Explore your neighborhood or enjoy your commute all on a single battery charge.
- Lightweight Frame: The aluminum alloy frame is lightweight and sturdy, supporting up to 250 lbs and made for everyday use
Last update on 2022-05-25 at 03:54 PST - Details
Elecony 26/20 Inch Fat Tire Bike Adult/Youth
3 Beautiful colors
Full Shimano 21/7 Speed Mountain Bike
Dual Disc Brake
High-Carbon Steel Frame
Mountain Trail Bike
Urban Commuter City Bicycle
Tire: 20*4.0 Fat Tire, Brand EAKIA
Rim: 20*4.0 AV Aluminum
- 🏆【Unique Shock Absorbing Design】- These all-terrain MTB feature shock-absorbing front forks. The thickened outer wall is more resistant to shocks. The thickened shock absorbers help absorb...
- 🏆【Full Shimano Gearing Kit】- Unlike some sellers who use low-cost grip shifters, we feature a full Shimano gearing kit, not just gears and rear derailleurs, we also use Shimano grip shifters,...
- 🏆【Wider Tire For More Fun】- Width up to 4 inches, 5 times more wear resistance than ordinary bicycle tires. Strong grip and anti-slip, Fully capable of challenging any terrain, can conquer any...
Last update on 2022-05-25 at 04:04 PST - Details
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the maintenance costs?
Whether you decide to buy a cheaper e-bike model or not, you should consider what maintenance costs will be when factoring in your total cost. Most electric bike models need tune-ups every 500 miles. This can range from $75-$150, depending on how far you ride in 6 months. If it takes 4 months for the next tune up (usually around 3 times a year), then that is between $225 and $300 per year – if it only lasts four years before needing replacement, then this would work out at about $200 per annum ($1/week).
If 6 month turnaround time is needed instead (coinciding with number of weeks available each school term) as may occur with more expensive bikes which last longer than four years before needing replacement parts supplied by the manufacturer), this works out at approximately half that figure ($50-$75). So depending on how much money someone has to spend they could either get away spending less but having their bike serviced regularly or opting for the “more costly” option whose annual maintenance fees are substantially less over its lifetime span due to durability factors!
How old should a child be to ride an electric bike?
The minimum age requirement to ride an electric bike in California is 16 years old. If you are under the age of 18, then you can only ride an e-bike if it goes no faster than 20 mph.
How to choose the right E-Bike for your kids
Size, color and battery life are all features to consider when you’re buying a bike. For example, the Lifecycle GX Custom has great battery life and can be assembled by one person in just 10 minutes. Before making your purchase, take into account where your kid likes to ride- if they love riding bikes or if they also want an electric one so that their rides last longer. You should also consider how long you plan on owning this bike before it needs a tune-up (or overhaul). This will depend on how far you usually travel; for instance, after 600 miles of use (6 months), some bikes require new parts like tires every few days whereas others need them once yearly based off of usage frequency.
Do you need a license to ride an electric bike?
Electric bikes are an affordable and environmentally friendly alternative to driving a car. You don’t need to register, insure or license them, nor do you need a license to ride one. Electric bikes that meet certain requirements can be ridden without incurring any additional costs for the rider.
How often will they ride an electric bike?
If you’re only riding occasionally, it might be wise to buy a cheaper bike that has tires with lower air pressure and less expensive brakes. If your child will be biking regularly, though, like they need to go to school every day on the way home from work or something similar then getting an e-bike would make sense. It’s generally easier for kids so if they are going too make more repairs and have more maintenance costs than usual in this case paying for one of better quality is warranted.
How Are We Doing?
We have partnered with many job search portals, so you can find millions of jobs (IT jobs, Nursing, Engineering, Doctor, Handyman, Contractors) from our website and apply free. Just change keyword and city of your choice and hit search.