Best Home Remedies For Blackhead Removal
Blackheads are small bumps that form on the surface of the skin. Blackheads are a form of acne and cause irritation and discoloration of the skin. Dealing with blackheads can be tricky as they can change from bad to worse if you are careless. However, in our busy lives, we are not always able to make time to visit the spa and get our skin treated for abnormalities. Therefore, we have gone through the trouble of narrowing down the best home remedies for blackhead removal in the article below.
Cornstarch and Vinegar Face Mask
Blackheads are formed due to excess oil and dirt being trapped in your skin. Cornstarch is able to absorb the excess oil while vinegar is able to fade the discoloration caused by the blackheads. Cornstarch and vinegar are easily available, thus, they are a great option for blackhead removal.
You will need:
- Cornstarch - 1 tbsp
- Mix the cornstarch with vinegar till it forms a thick paste.
- Apply it to the blackhead affected areas
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the mixture by using a warm towel.
- Wash your face using cold water so that the pores are resealed.
- Repeat these steps 2-3 times a week for the best results.
Plain old tomatoes
Tomatoes are fruits that are rich in Vitamin C and A. Tomatoes have skin brightening, oil-absorbing, and pore shrinking properties. Tomatoes can be beneficial for people with oily skin as they get the skin rid of extra grease without being harsh on the skin. This prevents the formation of clogged pores.
How to use:
You will need - 1 tomato
- Cut the tomato into a few slices.
- Rub both sides of each side over your face and neck.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Gently wipe the mask away with a warm wet cloth.
Egg whites and Honey mask
Apart from being a great solution for blackhead removal, egg whites help in tightening skin pores and regulating the sebum production from hair follicles. Honey, on the other hand, helps in hydrating the skin and providing nourishment.
You will need:
- Egg white - 1 egg
- Honey - 1 tbsp
- Mix the egg white with honey.
- Wisk till you get a cream-like consistency.
- Apply the mixture to your face.
- Let it sit for 15 - 20 minutes, till it becomes hard.
- Wipe it away with a warm wet cloth.
- Repeat this twice a week to reap better benefits.
Wash your face regularly
Washing your face is one of the most overlooked treatments when it comes to taking care of the health of your skin. Washing removes dirt and excess oil from your face, thus, preventing the formation of clogged pores. Using gentle acids such as the Alpha/Beta Hydroxy acids could further help you maintain the health of your skin.
Cleartsy By Coconby
Cleartsy by Coconby is a Comedone removal tool. Using this Comedone removal tool, you are able to remove blackheads in the comfort of your home. This device was used only by professionals in the past for blackhead removal treatments and skin cleansing. However, this device is now available for use to normal people too. You can get salon grade therapies without the need for expert help at your home. The Comedone removal tool works by gently exfoliating the skin and allowing the dirt and excess oil that is trapped beneath the surface of the skin to check the formation of clogged pores. This, in turn, prevents the formation of blackheads.