Technologies Which Make Your House a Smart Home
"Make Your House a Smart Home" systems appeared in the last century but they were not so popular as in our days. Nowadays, this technology becomes more and more popular. A smart home has sophisticated software which helps you to operate your dwelling.
The main task of such systems is to Make Your House a Smart Home more comfortable and automated. Such houses contain smart things, advanced home gadgets and sensors that do the most habitual actions instead of you – turn on/off the light, heating, regulate the temperature inside the room and so on. Today, our homemaker guide will get you acquainted with this extremely popular technology.
What does a smart home include?
In short, a smart home is a system that includes a set of smart home devices that are controlled from a single control panel.
Make Your House a Smart Home includes:
- devices that need to be controlled (light sensors, security systems, heating, power supply, smart sockets and kettles – in general, everything that surrounds us at home).
- devices, smart things that control (control panels, connection smart home systems).
Let's start with the devices we control. Here we can include various systems that can be found in any home: lighting, heating, power supply, air conditioning, security. To automate all these systems, special sensors and other devices are used, which are included in the ready-made sets of equipment for the Make Your House a Smart Home or purchased separately, if the system is created by your own.
- Lighting is being automated very often. To do this "smart" light bulbs or sockets are being used. This is not only convenient, as it allows you to turn on/off the light remotely but also helps to save the family budget.
- Heating is also often automated. Usually, the temperature sensors are used, which after having measured the temperature in the room, transmit information to the central control panel. This panel turns on the heating according to the parameters set by the house's owner.
- Not so often, but the Make Your House a Smart Home can include air conditioning and ventilation controlling. Both air conditioners and windows are controlled, which are being opened automatically when the system decides that it is time to air the room.
- Household appliances are also included in the unified system of a smart home. So, using only one remote control you can switch the TV channel, and at the same time turn on your plastic-free electric kettle.
- A smart home allows you to combine video surveillance system and fire alarms into a single system.
And it's not all the systems that can be included in the smart home today; its opportunities are only expanding every day.
Now let's talk about the devices that are responsible for controlling the systems. Here two subcategories can be distinguished:
- separate devices control;
- combine them into a single system.
Smart home devices
- Smart Home Assistants. One of the most essential thing for those who are in search for smart home ideas is to acquire a smart home electronic aide. Virtual aides which react to your speech like Google’s Assistant and Amazon’s Alexa are considered to be the best on the market. They function similarly and are applied to regulate the other modern gadgets in your home, play music, set up similar alarms, and so on.
- Google Home is a Google Assistant that got its own "home" in the form of a compact Bluetooth speaker. Google Home will help you to operate various contrivances in your house. In addition, it supports some interesting services. You can ask your aide to order food for you at home or book a ticket for the next flight, or provide a weather forecast, for example.
No products found.
- Another development of the American company, which is a full analog of Google Home. The difference is that Amazon Echo uses "Alexa" as a voice assistant, whereas Google Home uses Google Assistant. Amazon Echo can play your favorite music, it can be integrated into the smart home system to control various contrivances. Amazon Echo is very easy to customize and operate. All you have to do is to use a special application on your mobile device.
- Smart Lighting (Bulbs). If you are in search of the ideas of how to make a smart home, think about acquiring smart light bulbs. Using Amazon Echo, Google Home, or the application on your mobile phone you can regulate the lighting at your house. You will be also able to operate different light settings.
- Works with Amazon Alexa to support dimming, shades of white, and color settings through voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- 16 million colors and warm to cool whites. LED life-span - 22.8 years (based on 3hrs/day)
- Easy to set up, built in wifi - no hub required
- Compatible with Voice Control: Peteme smart light bulb works with Alexa Echo, Google Home Assistant, You can turn on/off smart bulb and change colors and brightness via voice.
- App Remote Control: You can control the peteme smart bulb’s on-off through Siri, Alexa, Google home whether you are at home or away.
- Rgbcw and Multi-color Smart Bulb: Peteme RGB cool white and warm white smart bulb creating your favorite light effects with 16 million colors and the brightness of every color is dimmable.
Last update on 2022-05-19 at 02:32 PST - Details
3. Smart Temperature Regulator. If you are dreaming about your house's temperature automation, a smart temperature regulator is what you are looking for. This device sets comfortable temperature’s parameters and it can be controlled through the application on your mobile phone.
4. Smart Door lock. Smart Door lock will help you if you are concerned about the security of your dwelling. If you've lost or forgotten your keys, it's not a problem. Smart Door lock will help you to open the door of your home by using your thumbprint, a special code or by applying your Android or IOS-based smartphone.
5. Smart Garage Door Opener. This mechanism will make it possible to open and close your garage doors using Wi-Fi. Use your mobile phone, Google Home, or Amazon Alexa to activate the device.
- Secured keyless entry convenience
- One touch locking
- Dramatically reduced interior size and sleek metal design
- Smart garage door opener comes with built-in myQ technology to keep you connected and protected: Open, close, your garage door even when the power is out with Battery Backup and know the status of...
- Battery backup: Ensures safe replacement ins-and-outs even during power failures. Radio Frequencies: 310, 315, 390. Soft Start / Stop : Yes
- Ultra-quiet and strong belt drive: Steel-reinforced belt drive and constructed with high-grade materials for years of reliability and quiet, smooth performance - perfect for attached garages
Last update on 2022-05-19 at 02:25 PST - Details
6. Smart Refrigerator. Control the temperature in your refrigerator with the help of your mobile gadget or voice assistant. You will be informed when its doors are opened, you will receive reminders and get other useful functions.
- French door refrigerator with large capacity 20.66 cu ft,providing clean area for large family
- Sleek looking and modern design, the french door refrigerator is easily match with the decorate style of your house
- The upper side-by-side refrigerator compartment keeps your foods, fruits, vegetables, drinks, seasonings fresh and well organized - Refrigerated Temperature 36℉~ 46℉
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with...
Last update on 2022-05-19 at 02:33 PST - Details
Now it's very easy to transform your house into a smart one. There are a lot of smart contrivances available on the market which will help you to manage your house more effectively. The roster of the best smart home devices, we've offered to you can be expanded, of course. The choice of the device depends on your tastes and preferences. Good luck with making your house comfortable and automated!
How Are We Doing?
We have partnered with many job search portals, so you can find millions of jobs (IT jobs, Nursing, Engineering, Doctor, Handyman, Contractors) from our website and apply free. Just change keyword and city of your choice and hit search.