Backyard makeover can be daunting task if you do not know how to start, how to continue and what resources, tools are required. I am sure backyard cleaning is one of the top honey-do lists for you and finding right information on how to make backyard look beautiful without spending much time and money is very crucial.
If you need tips & tricks on cleaning, looking for backyard makeover DIY, you have come to right place, now read on.
How to clean Backyard
1. Clean weed & leaves completely
Make sure when you clean, you take out root completely so weed don't grow back. This is very important that many people don't know or they tend to ignore.
Best way is to hold firm and strong all the way to the bottom and pull gently to pressure all root possible. Wear gloves when doing this. Glove not just keeps your hands safe and clean, it actually helps to put pressure when holding and pulling roots straight up.
2. Clean weed when they are small
Always plan to clean your backyard when weeds have not grown big yet. This makes your job so easy that you will thank yourself. Its very easy to remove weed when they are young, tiny. During this time you can easily pull root for better cleaning, root just come straight out very easily. So the point is do not wait to clean backyard till weed grow larger.
3. Clean weeds when its wet
If plants, soil are wet, obviously its very easy to pull them out effectively with less pressure. Infact, one very important thing is when you clean after rain to pull these weeds, you also move soil which is perfect to plant new seeds or new plants, herbs etc. One awesome tips to make ground wet if not raining is spray water using hose 20 minutes before you plan to pull all weed.
You will be surprised to know that just removing army of weed makes your backyard look 100 times better though it can take time, so its very important to understand which tools to use to clean your backyard.
4. Use Vinegar to clean small rocks
Vinegar is cheapest and safest way to kill weeds when they are small. Use sprayer to effectively spray vinegar on rocks to clean and kill weed. Spray vinegar around flower bed edges, around the backyard as well to remove messy green patches.
5. Put flower beds around the backyard
Gardening is all together whole new topics which we will learn in detail in another article. But remember, to make your backyard beautiful, flower addition is an awesome idea, just get ready for this gardening project. You will also need to learn how to mulch garden bed if you are working on backyard makeover honey do list project. Number 6 describes about mulching garden bed.
Basic things to install flower bed are wooden bar, enough good soil, plants, flowers, pots, mulch. Flowers not just look good to eyes, they also fill backyard space, so weed have less space to grow, you have less space to clean next time!
Below is one famous Youtube video on Gardening Design if you are interested.
6. How to Mulch Garden Bed
Scrape off soil about 4 to 6 inches. Cut fresh edge along the bed you will put mulch. Use lineage (half moon steel sheet, small pad filled with steel handle) to make deeper edge and scoop soil out. Then use scrapper to further clean deb, remove excess mulch, soil. After cleaning the bed, add new mulch as shown in youtube video below.
Don't over put mulch on tree, plants as they tend to kill primary root, but secondary root grow on mulch you overput, which is not good for plants, gardening.
Best selling Garden Gadgets from Amazon
- Automatic, float operated mechanical switch 115V/1 Ph
- 1-1/2" NPT discharge
- 9 ft. UL listed 3-wire cord and plug
- FROM MESS TO HOME DECOR - If you have cleaning supplies taking over your bathroom, kitchen, or garage shelving, declutter with this storage organization system you will want to show off to your...
- INDOORS OR OUTDOORS - Tidy up your broom, mop, rakes, tools and more! Perfect for the kitchen, closet, garage, office, great for commercial use, and thanks to the weatherproof design, this holder even...
- NO-SLIDE - Commercial grade hanger with 35 pound holding capacity! Thanks to the spring loaded, double rubber gripped slots, whether wet mops, dirty rakes or baseball bats, we nothing slips, or your...
- 36360-4LGW Lawn and Garden 36" Ultra Hold Tool Rack
- It is 36 inches
- #1 supplier to home centers and hardware stores of pegboard accessories, hooks & hangers and smart systems
- Bucket Boss The Bucketeer Bucket Tool Organizer in Brown, 10030
- 3 interior loops for hammers, drills, pry bars and other long-handled tools
- Fits most 5 gallon buckets
- Made from .022″ thick stainless steel
- With 3/32″ measuring intervals
- Metric equivalents on back
- DURABLE TINES: Constructed with 4 heat-treated steel tines with 8 blades Each to create the perfect garden bed.
- ADJUSTABLE TILLING WIDTH: Equipped with adjustable tilling width up to 9 inches. Perfect for weeding in-between rows!
- POLY-GUARD: Overlays tines to keep dirt, dust, and debris away from operator.
- Set Of 12 Rust Resistant, Sturdy Utility Hooks made from high quality materials and heavy duty solid steel that will last for a long time; each heavy duty wall hook is protected with rust resistant...
- Comes In Multiple Sizes, this set of hooks for hanging can hold tools of different sizes and weight. The plate design makes it easy to hold heavy items, such as shovel, broom, bicycle, and weed eater,...
- Anti Skid Cover Keeps Tools Intact so you’ll never have to worry about your garage or garden tools falling off again. Each hook comes with 2 different sets of screws that fit drywall, wall stud and...
Last update on 2021-08-10 at 18:03 PST - Details
7. Tackle your Deck, Patio in backyard
Having deck, furniture in backyard is such an enjoyable fulfilling experience. You can gather with friends on deck, do barbecue and so on. But make sure your deck, furniture are clean. We suggest spray water using hose to clean furniture mattresses. Brush them using iron handle brush with solution of dish soap, warm water.
You can make simple patio using cheap plastics chairs from Homedepot, Lowes or high end furniture according to your budget, layout colorful outdoor carpet on deck as well.
Clean your deck. We already have highly rated articles on wood cleaning. Please click these links below to get information, idea on deck, patio, wood cleaning.
8. Spray Paint your old flower pots, iron furniture
You might want to learn how to remove spray paint from plastic. If your furniture, flower pots, deck, even flower bed bars look old, dirty, just paint them using paint spray. Here are best lists of paint spray you can find. Learn how to use paint spray! Use mask when paint spraying, we like bold bright color cyan, orange.
9. Add, Maintain swimming pool
This is a huge extra project in itself. But having swimming pool makes your place look extremely classy and beautiful. Check out swimming pool variations on PoolJudge.
10. Make Kids Friendly backyard
Add swings, water games outside which not only add fun for kids and all, but also make your backyard more elegant, beautiful.
11. Gazebo install and maintain for backyard beauty
Adding a gazebo is easy nowadays since you can purchase ready-made one from Costco, Home Depot, Lowes and just assemble them. If you want your own design, hire wood worker, handyman to design, create, install gazebo in your backyard. I have one beautiful medium sized gazebo in my backyard and it has been a great addition and investment to my house.
12. More amneties for your backyard
You can add barbecue, grill, umbrella, stone pavements as seen in picture below. Again, go according your budget. If you need to hire contractors for these improvements, Goto perfectdwell.com
13. Add ornaments, lighting around fence, in backyard
Beautiful lighting and dazzling ornaments can never go wrong inside or outside the house. Checkout top rated lights, ornaments, gadgets for backyard remodeling.
- Solar Powered Fairy String Lights - Get 2 in 1 package! Each string light is with 33 feet moldable copper wire and 100 glowing micro Leds, with steady 360 degree viewing angle they illuminate in every...
- High Quality Copper Wire Lights - LiyuanQ copper wire is super thin and flexible and the Solar Copper Wire Lights can be easily bended, and shaped around plants, signs, furniture and almost everything...
- 8 LIGHTING MODES to Create Lots Fun - Gorgeous lighting modes including combination, fireflies flashing, waves, fading, chasing/flashing, fading slowly, twinkle/flashing and steady on, which can...
- ★Gift GIVING - This solar garden statue is fun for gift giving for your family and friends on birthdays, weddings and housewarming. Illuminating the night with a light up shell that emits a warm...
- ★Easy to Use - Simply turn the snail figurine on and leave it in the “on” position during the daytime. The solar panel will charge during the daylight hours and light up automatically at night....
- ★Weather-Proof - Hand-painted and finished with a UV resistant coating, this solar garden decorations is built to withstand all types of weather conditions. Color fading, water and frost needn’t...
- NO MORE BORING GARDEN DECOR - this beautifully hand painted resin cat with tiger stripes and cuteness overload is sure to be the centerpiece of your garden this year and a joy for your friends to find...
- DON'T WORRY - only eats gnomes. Dogs, mailmen and neighbors are 100% safe. Perfect gifts for gnome lovers or haters, Moms, Dads, Daughters, grandparents. Wonderful housewarming gift.
- HIGH QUALITY - handcrafted and made from durable resin material.
- 【HIGH BRIGHTNESS】AC85-265V Input voltage, the led landscape spotlights suit to 110/120V AC .Upgraded COB LED chips makes it brighter than common products.
- 【EASY TO INSTALL】Plug and play. The landscape light comes with 59inch 3-prong US power cord,very easy to install. You can adjust the emitting angle by the 270 degrees rotating bracket and spike...
- 【LONG LIFESPAN】Our Landscape light is made of thick cast aluminum and high quality LEDs. It has a stable lighting performance,long working life up to 50,000 hours, reduce your maintenance costs.
Last update on 2021-08-10 at 18:13 PST - Details
Credit: Thankyou Irvine for writing this blog.
Best tools to clean backyard
Best selling Garden Gadgets from Amazon
- High carbon steel Japanese weeder
- Sharp edge kept longer
- Quick easy work for all weeding and gardening
- HAPPY KNEES: This handy garden kneeler features an elevated kneeling pad that reduces aches from prolonged kneeling, and keeps your knees away from the muddy ground and grass
- KNEELING PAD & GARDEN CHAIR: Flips over to become a garden chair so you can tend to your long-stemmed plants and bigger shrubs in complete comfort (weight capacity: 330. 69lbs/150kg)
- FOLDS EASILY: Comes assembled, and opens and closes in a quick snap so you can get down to your gardening as soon as the sun comes up
- 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐭: The Scuddles garden tool storage Kit is improved with anti rust stainless steel...
- 𝐃𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐁𝐚𝐠 𝐓𝐨𝐭𝐞: The Highly improved womens tool kit can also be Machine...
- 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲 𝐃𝐮𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐫: The hand carry polyester organizer tote bag can be carry anywhere and can be washed easily. It It has extra pockets...
- Ideal for cutting stems and light branches. Easy-open lock protects the blade during transport and storage
- Fully hardened, precision-ground steel blade stays sharp, even through heavy use
- Low-friction coating helps the blade glide through the wood, prevents the blades from gumming up with sap and debris and helps the blades resist rust
- ★ Quick and Easy to Plant - Garden genie gloves with 4 Built-in durable ABS Plastic Claws on each hand, Easy to dig and plant without hand tools in gardening work!
- ★Waterproof and Puncture Resistant: - Using natural latex rubber coating material. Waterproof, puncture resistant and easy to clean, protects your hands from cuts and Broken nails!
- ★Breathable Design - Nylon knitting on the back of the hand, comfortable and breathable to keep the hands cool and dry even in summer.
- Carbon steel blade and head for heavy duty use
- Ergonomic rubber handle is more comfortable and grippy
- Solid oak for extra strength and durability
Last update on 2021-08-10 at 22:03 PST - Details